E L E V E N

One Of A Kind

Chapter Eleven

Not Edited

~ Sage Preston's POV ~

I sat patiently in Benjamin's passenger seat as we drove to some unknown place that Benjamin thought would make me feel better.

I didn't question him on where he was taking me and I don't know why. Speaking of things I don't know, why did I call Benjamin again?

I sighed and leaned my head against the window. What was happening with my life? I was usually so content in everything. Just trying to get by until I can make my own decisions and live my own life. Now look at me. Fighting with my parents and sneaking out with boys. Or boy.

"Wanna talk about it?" Benjamin asked from the drivers seat as he turned down a dirt road.

"No" I watched as snowflakes landed on the window.

Benjamin made a noise of recognition and continued driving.

"Do you want to know where I'm taking you?" He smiled over at me and I shrugged. "It's one of my favorite areas in Viewpoint"

"I've never been here" My eyes glanced around at the leaveless, snow covered trees.

"Not many people have" Benjamin commented. "Just me, my sister and my ex girlfriend to my knowledge"

"Cool" I whispered.

"But my ex girlfriend sort of followed me here without me knowing" Benjamin chuckled lightly.

"That's kinda creepy" I looked over at him, a small smile creeping up on my lips.

"Yeah that's why she's my ex girlfriend" Benjamin nodded. "I'm more into girls who hate my guts"

I laughed and Benjamin pulled the car over.

"We're here" He jumped out of the car and slowly followed him out of the car.

My eyes found the frozen lake and I smiled inwardly before shivering. I didn't bring my coat.

"It's my sisters. I thought you would forget your coat like you did the other night" Benjamin lifted a coat out of the trunk. "And these are also my sisters"

"Thanks Benjamin" I smiled and grabbed the coat and skates. "Is it safe?"

"Yeah, I skated on it last week. Completely frozen" He started lacing up his own skates. "Let me help you"

"I can lace my own skates" I mumbled.

"Yeah but I can do it faster" He smiled up at me and I rolled my eyes. "Alright come on"

I ignored his outstretched hand and made my way towards the lake by myself.

"Be careful. It's not really as smooth as the rink ice" Benjamin commented as I stumbled a little bit.

"No kidding" I mumbled but I got the hang of it after a little while.

I skated around for a little while away from Benjamin. I listened to the sound of the ice slice beneath my skates. I felt the bitter cold wind hit my face ad I raced around the ice. My breath was getting labored and I soon found myself practicing my hockey plays subconsciously.

Benjamin was just skating the perimeter of the ice slowly. He was lost in his own thoughts but at times I could feel his eyes on me. Sometimes I would catch his eyes and he would just smile making my stomach churn around. Maybe I really didn't like him.  Or maybe... nope.