BONUS CHAPTER - part 1

*****

"Y/N? Y/N!"

The sound of my husband's worried voice rips me out of my thoughts, causing me to jump violently and hit my knee on the underside of the dining table. I groan in pain, rubbing my leg to ease the tenderness.

"Woah there, you okay?"

My eyes nervously dart upwards to see everyone at our table peering at me with concerned expressions. I nod sheepishly, my hands still attempting to soothe my aching limb.

"Is everything alright? You've barely touched your food," My brother asks uncertainly.

I smile as brightly as I can manage, doing my best to seem convincing despite the fact that I feel like a nervous wreck. On top of that, I probably look like the living dead. I barely slept at all last night.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine," I say, trying to control my shaking voice. My face is aching from the effort of maintaining the smile. My lips are stretched out so much I almost feel as though my face is going to tear in two.

"Are you sure, Jagiya?" Jungkook murmurs in my ear, gently taking my hand in his under the table and giving it a squeeze. "You know you can tell me if something is up,"

I know he's just trying to comfort me, but his words only make me feel worse. He's probably not that worried, because he knows I normally feel like I can tell him everything.

But this time it's different. The guilt has been slowly eating away at me, rotting into my conscience more and more as every hour passes, each tick of the clock another second that he remains in the dark.

"I know. Honestly, I'm okay guys, I'm just not feeling all that hungry right now. Maybe I filled up too much on my entrée,"

"Well then, if you say so...," Taehyung shrugs, shoveling a steaming spoonful of rice into his mouth. Jungkook glances at me and my untouched plate irresolutely but continues eating his meal nonetheless.

But alas, I notice with bated breath that my acting skills haven't quite managed to convince everyone at the table. Minji narrows her eyes at me over her glass of wine.

"I'm just going to the ladies room. Y/N, would you mind coming with me? I'm not sure I'll be able to find it on my own" she asks sweetly, but only you seem to notice the slight aggression hidden within her fake tone.

"Oh... um, actually Minji I think I'll just-"

I wince when I feel her kick my still-sore leg hard under the table. Talk about childish.

"Sure," I grit out through clenched teeth, smiling despite my agony as to not raise any suspicion from the two oblivious husbands.

"Thanks. Let's go," Minji stands up and rips me out of my chair, weaving through the restaurant in the direction of the bathroom. She drags me down the signposted corridor and into the ladies, locking the door behind her so nobody can barge in on our discussion. I wrinkle my nose slightly as the overwhelming scent of floral perfume that lingers in the air begins to tickle my senses.

"Okay, spill the beans,"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I splutter, quite flustered at this straight-forward interrogation. Just the thought of my secret being revealed nearly raises bile in my throat. I already know that confiding in someone will only make it more real.

"Oh, come on, give me a break. I don't know who you're trying to fool. "Ummm, maybe I filled up too much on my entrée" She mocks my hasty excuse. "Y/N, you didn't even order an entrée,"

I sigh in defeat and drop my gaze onto a tiny crack in the white tiles beneath my feet, trying to focus on anything other than my best friend's scrutinizing gaze. Damn it, nothing gets past her eagle eyes.

"You've barely spoken a word this entire night! This double date was your idea, and I know for a fact that you were really looking forward to this. I know you better than you know yourself, Jeon Y/N, and I can tell when something is wrong. So you better tell me why you're acting weird right this instant,"

"Minji..." I look up into her eyes desperately, noticing the underlying worry in her furious glare.

"I'm pregnant,"

Her eyes widen in shock. I feel kind of shocked myself, to be honest. It's the first time I've actually said it out loud.

"When... when did you find out?" she whispers.

"Just yesterday. I was late by two weeks so decided to do one of those drug-store pregnancy tests, and then I went to the clinic after work just to make sure."

Minji's open mouth morphs into a massive, victorious grin and I gasp as she flings her arms around me and jumps up and down excitedly. She covers her mouth before letting out a strangled scream that sounds way too much like a dying animal.

"Y/N, you don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say these words! Congratulations, hun, I'm going to throw you the biggest baby shower-,"

"Minji, calm down for a second," I peel her tightly-wrapped arms from around my frame. "I don't know what to do. I'm absolutely terrified!"

Minji stops and stares at me in surprise. "Scared? Why are you scared?"

"I'm scared of Jungkook's reaction, of course!" I stress, running a hand through my hair and yanking at the roots in frustration. A frustration that's purely directed at myself.

My sister in law stares at me in disbelief. "Why on earth haven't you told him yet?"

"I know I should've, but I just couldn't bring myself to. What if he's disappointed or something? We've never even mentioned having kids before!"

"Y/N, you've been happily married to him for three years now. You've seen how good he is with kids, he's totally father material. He will be so happy about this, you know he will! Why are you doubting him?"

"I don't know! I'm just scared. And not even just about his reaction, about the whole thing. I just still can't come to terms with it. I'm freaking pregnant, Minji,"

She steps back and looks me up and down like she's looking for something that wasn't there before. I flinch and cover my ears slightly when she starts squealing like a teenage girl.

"I can't believe you're having a little baby! I'm gonna be an auntie!" she shrieks.

"Shhhh, don't let the whole restaurant know!" I try to frown at her but I can't stop myself from smiling, the first genuine smile on my face since I received the news. Although I'm still petrified, the more I see Minji's excitement the better I'm starting to feel. It's finally starting to sink in, and I'm realizing for the first time how excited I am myself. Minji pulls me in for a hug and tears start to pool in my eyes. I laugh, my shoulders shaking us both.

"I just don't know when the best time is to tell him,"

"It's okay, there's no rush. Tell him when you feel comfortable that the time is right,"

I sniff and nod ruefully, my chin bumping her shoulder.

"But what if I'm not ready for this? I barely even had a Mom growing up, so what if I'm not a good parent? Just look at me, I'm a mess. I can barely look after myself, let alone another little human being,"

Minji pulls back and holds me at arm's length, giving me a stern look.

"Don't be ridiculous. Jeon Y/N, if there's any woman I know who will make a fantastic Mother, it's you. And I really mean that" she smiles at me and rubs my back comfortingly. "You'll see, everything is going to be okay,"

I crack a small smile too.

"Thanks,'

"Now in future, don't keep things from me, you bitch"

I laugh as the tears stream down my face. She always seems to know exactly how to cheer me up.

"I'll always have your back. We're not just best friends, we're sisters, me and you, eh? Now come on, let's both turn off the waterworks and get back to those dimwits,"

*****