The Lunch Hour

*****

Earlier on when he was giving you a mini-tour of the office, Hoseok had informed you that your lunch hour was at 12;30. The time seemed to roll around quicker than you anticipated, and you and Jimin finished up what you were working on and headed down to the cafe. By now you have gotten to know Jimin a little. You've learned that he has worked here for a couple of years, and he is 22, three years older than yourself.

Your stomach grumbles loudly. The smell of food wafts under your nose as you approach the cafe, observing as hungry workers make their way in. The cafe is large, bright and modern to match the rest of the building. There is a counter at the front, where there is a glass cabinet displaying refrigerated food and drinks. Standing behind the cash register is an apron-clad barista, who is tapping away on his tablet as he takes everyone's orders. Glancing at the other side of the counter, you eye the large queue in dismay.

Your new companion seems to see your dismal expression. You start making your way toward the end of the long line of suit-clad men and women, but end up frowning in surprise and confusion when Jimin grabs your arm. He guides you to a door set into the wall on the left side of the checkout. He swiftly takes the shiny white keycard from around his neck and swipes it through the dial on the handle, and then pushes the heavy door open, leaning his body weight onto it as he does so.

You find yourself following him into a large industrial kitchen, where the deliciously enticing smell of cooking is even more intense. You are just about to ask Jimin how he acquired access to the kitchens when you notice that the two of you are not the only ones in the room. A tall man with broad shoulders stands with his back to you over a metal pot, stirring in spices and seasonings as he hums a tune.

"JIN HYUNG!" Jimin calls to him. The man looks over his shoulder for a second, and then slowly stops stirring and mixing. He sets his spoon down on the counter and turns to face the two of you, his face breaking into a warm and kind smile.

"Jiminie!" he cheers, evidently delighted to see his friend. Your lips part slightly as you take in the mans model-like features. This man is a work of art; there is simply no other way to describe his looks. If you didn't know better, you would think that being "good-looking" was a job requirement here.

Jimin takes a hold of your shoulders and brings you to stand in front of him.

"Y/N, meet Jin Hyung. He's the mastermind behind that mouth-watering aroma that's drifting through the cafe! He is the chef here, but he also happens to be a very close friend of mine. Hyung, this is Y/N. This is her first day and she works up at the offices too," Jimin smiles. You and Jin shake hands.

"So what are you preparing?" You question politely, craning your neck to peer into the pot that is producing the heavenly scent.

"Kimchi casserole," Jin replies proudly. You laugh as you and your two new friends begin to converse. Jin's kind and caring attitude along with Jimin's slightly flirty but gentle one proves to make good company, and you feel glad for them being there. Your first day is going unexpectedly well, and you certainly aren't complaining.

*****