Jealousy

*****

A/N

There are no sections from a different person's POV in this chapter, but there probably will be in the chapters to come.

*****

Jungkook sits down in his chair with a sigh and you slide into your seat quietly.

"Thank you," you are the first to break the silence. He looks up at you with a serious expression.

"I didn't just do it for you, I did it for everyone. I do not want, nor will not tolerate people like her in my employment,"

You nod.

"Did Taehyung know about her working here?" he asks. He watches you carefully, which makes you shift in your seat uncomfortably.

He understands your silent message without you uttering a word, as the answer is clear to see from your body language. He rolls his eyes.

"Why would you keep trying to protect her? She's a disgusting person, Y/N,"

"It's not to protect her," you protest immediately. "Of course it's not. Everything I've ever kept from Taehyung was to protect HIM. And also, to stop any conflict,"

"But Y/N, don't you see? You might be preventing conflict between Taehyung and Hyuna, but in the end you are the one who will always end up caught in the midst of it. You're always the one who takes the hit,"

You look down in defeat. Deep down, you know he's right. It could have all been resolved on both occasions if you had only just told someone instead of thinking you could deal with it alone, thinking you could continue suffering in silence so that nobody else would have to.

"I'm sorry," you whisper in a tiny voice. He shakes his head and waves his hand dismissively.

"There's no need to apologize to anyone. Anyone but yourself," he says. "It might be considered noble to sacrifice yourself for others, but a person can only take so many bullets, Y/N. Don't keep doing this to yourself," he finds your hand and squeezes it under the desk in an attempt to console your conflicted self.

"I'm just glad she can't hurt you anymore," he adds under his breath, thinking you hadn't heard. But you had. A small smile makes it's way onto your face, and you lower your head to hide it.

"Right, would you mind helping me to take these across to reception?" he points to a large stack of files on the desk. You nod, and he goes ahead and grabs half of the stack, heading for the doorway. Just before you can grab the remaining files, he curses under his breath. You look up.

"What's up?" you look at him in puzzlement.

He smiles sheepishly over the top of the huge stack of papers, and then nods his head down toward his foot, sticking out his leg. You roll your eyes when you notice his shoelace dangling free.

"Tie my shoelace?" he looks at you imploringly, and you give in to his pretty doe eyes with an exasperated sigh. Kneeling down, you deftly tie his lace in a secure double knot so that it doesn't come undone again. You pull the lace taught and raise your head up.

Suddenly, your breath hitches when you come face to face with his crotch. You notice his posture is tense as he senses how close you are to his sensitive area. You are both frozen in time for a second, neither of you daring to breathe.

And at that precise, terribly timed moment someone decides to enter the room. And to yours and Jungkook's horror, it was none other than Park Jimin.