Interrupted

*****

Jungkook's POV

I pushed my foot on the gas as I raced through the red lights, not wanting Y/N to hate me for another second longer. As the minutes went by I began to feel more and more guilty for the way that I yelled at her when she came to confess her feelings to me. Had I not jumped to conclusions and let my jealousy get the better of me, maybe right now I would be able to call her mine. As soon as I reached her house I skidded to a halt on the side of the road, hopping over the gate and sprinting to the front door. I knocked loudly and repeatedly. The door flung open to reveal a confused Taehyung.

"Hey, wassup Kook?" He looked puzzled. "What are you doing here?"

I didn't have time to reply; I'd explain to Tae later. For now, I just needed to see Y/N. 

I pushed past him and bolted up the stairs. I jogged down the hallway and there she was, standing there in front of the mirror and sink with the bathroom door open. The heartbreaking sight made me want to pull her into my arms. Her face was stained with tears, and her posture was slouched making her appear weak and miserable. She looked fragile and broken, and I could barely stand it. I wanted to see the happy Y/N again, the confident one that rolled her eyes when I flirted with her and got flustered at my touch. The girl that put everyone else above herself and always made everything right.

I saw her shaking hand reach out towards the cabinet. She took down a bottle of pills from the shelf, unscrewed the cap and tipped an entire handful into her hand.

What is she doing? She can't take her own life! I need her!

"KIM Y/N, DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!" I screeched.

*****

Your POV

( ONE HOUR EARLIER )

I sat on the couch just staring into space, my soul lifeless and empty. It's amazing how much of an impact he had on me with two simple words.

Not only had I lost my job and my dignity, I had lost the person I love.

Because whilst I'm sitting here fighting back the tears, I realize that I wouldn't be feeling this pain if it wasn't genuine love I felt for him. It's true that I'm not exactly the most experienced when it comes to relationships, but I do know that I've never felt this way about anyone before. It started that night when we bumped into each other at the convenience store. Despite everything we discovered about each other's past and all the information we had to process, that was the first time that I really felt I got through to him.

I saw a different side of him that night. Behind his somewhat cold somewhat flirty, cool-guy exterior, Jungkook is incredibly sweet and humble. And the fact that it was a side of him that I'd never seen before and was such a stark contrast to how he acted at work is what really intrigued me in the first place. He is a very mysterious person in many ways, and I wanted to figure him out. As soon as I began to see more of that side of him both inside and outside of work, he became an addiction that I hadn't fully realized the danger of until now.

When he said he would try to change his ways, a twinge of hope had sparked inside of me; hope and anticipation of what our relationship could become. It's sad to think that any of the moments we had ever shared meant nothing to him, and all the feelings were one-sided. After all, if he could discard me that easily, I clearly meant nothing to him.

He's so confusing. Just when I thought that maybe he had feelings for me too because of the way he got jealous when I kissed Jimin, he turns around and does this.