Suspicious Tension

*****

After you leave the cafè, Jimin goes back to his apartment and Jin drives you home in his car. After opening up to them about your past you feel as if you are a lot closer to them now.

You thank Jin and wave him off as he drives away, and walk through the front door of the house that you share with your brother. Your parents abandoned you and Taehyung when you were aged 14 and 16 and left without a trace. Your uncle became your legal guardian, but he travels the world so often that you barely see him. He only comes back to the house once every few months, and it was usually just to collect his mail or pay some of the bills.

"I'm home!" You call.

Taehyung jogs down the stairs to greet you. You decide not to tell him about your encounter with Hyuna. He thought that after all the drama she moved away from Seoul, and you want to keep it that way. After Tae found out what she was really like he swore to make her life a living hell. It wasn't that you didn't want that because you most certainly didn't care what happened to that girl anymore, but you wanted to avoid all the unnecessary conflict. You and your brother have both tried your hardest to leave the past in the past, and you don't want to undo all of that healing if possible.

You both move to the kitchen and you briefly tell him about your day at work, carefully leaving out the certain parts he doesn't need to know such as Hyuna. You also decide to leave out some key details about your new boss, to prevent Taehyung from going into his and office and knocking him out cold.

You are in the middle of passionately describing the buildings' futuristic interior when a knock comes at the door. Tae gets up and answers it.

'Oh! Um, h-hi again Taehyung Oppa" The stuttering voice belongs to Minji. "I-Is Y/N back yet...?" she trails off slightly. You frown. Usually your best friend is confident and has plenty to say; she never has trouble getting her words out.

You walk out into the hallway and to your surprise, Taehyung and Minji are staring at each other awkwardly, the air tense.

"uh, yeah, so here she is. I'll just um, be upstairs," Tae mumbles, turning and jogging back up the stairs a little hastily. You narrow your eyes at Minji.

"What was all that about?" you ask suspiciously. She laughs nervously, not looking you in the eyes.

"Oh, it was nothing," she avoids your question. You are still very suspicious, but you are too bursting to tell Minji of all of today's events to focus on it too much. Minji knows about the drama with Hyuna, and her eyes widen as you finish explaining with a shaky voice.

"Oh my god Y/N... I feel so bad for you. I wish I could get my hands on that bitch, I'd tell her exactly what I think of her. It's unfortunate that you finally get the job of your dreams and then someone has to come along and ruin it," she rubs your arm sympathetically. "Well, don't let her. Act like she's not there. And if there are any problems you go straight to the boss about it,"

You almost forget to tell her about Mr.Jeon. Your mind has been so clouded with other things that it's only now you remember his infuriating cheeky smirk. You tell your best friend about him in great detail. GREAT detail. She slaps your arm lightly and giggles in delight.

"OOOOOoooooh, Y/N! Do we have ourselves a kinky love story? The employee and the boss, how scandalous," she wiggles her eyebrows up and down suggestively.

You scoff at this idea. "Get out Minji. He's attractive, I'm not denying that. But his personality is lacking in many areas,"

Judging by the look on her face, Minji doesn't seem very convinced.

"Besides, he's a player and he will never fall for one girl only. I've seen enough from my brother to be smart enough not to fall for someone like that. He's just like Taehyung,"

Minji laughs at that, but you notice it's a little forced, her eyes hard and jaw tense. You can't help but silently wonder what it could mean.

*****