|40|

two weeks later

Luke promised that we could wait a week after they got back- or until at least they ask what's going on between us

It's been five days since they've been back- things have gone back to normal

Calum goes to work with the boys every morning, mom leaves for work about thirty minutes later- I avoid Macey at all costs the entire day until they come home.

But now- there was yelling downstairs, mainly my mom- and it was at Macey.

"Casey, sweetie" Calum spoke slowly.

"Come down here for us"

I followed him down, seeing a purely angry mom and a not so happy Macey.

"Tell your fucking sister your bright idea." Mom spoke, watching me lean against the door frame as I looked to Macey

"I want to let dad take partial custody over me." She mumbled, and I didn't react in any special way because if we're being honest- I completely expected this.

"After all I went through to get full custody over you, you're really going to pull this?" Mom laughed, rubbing her face.

"Going behind my back- letting your dad get the lead in lawyers and embarrass me at my work with court papers- really Macey?" She yelled.

"Who gave you that necklace?" I suddenly asked- looking to the diamond necklace around her neck

"Dad" she mumbled lightly, making mom laugh.

"You know what" mom laughed

"You want to go live with him and his family partially- go for it, we'll go to court- I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over it." She spat out.

"Are you still mad at me?" Macey spoke- looking to me.

"Even more now, congratulations, you got what you've been wanting- attention"

A week later we all had to go to court

Calum and I- not so much, but we still wanted to tag along.

Mom surprisingly didn't act mad at Macey anymore- she just accepted it

Calum never came out and said he was mad- but I could certainly tell that he was.

Macey came in- looking around my room.

"What do you want?" I spat towards her.

"What do I have to do to get my little sister back?" She spoke, and I immediately tensed.

I turned towards her.

"You know, you're such a fucking bitch" I laughed out.

I walked into the hallway- but she grabbed my arm, making me quickly jerk it from me

"Don't fucking touch me" I spat out.

"Casey, I'm your fucking sister!" She yelled.

"Really? Because you certainly don't act like it" I spoke back.

"All that shit he put me through" I spoke

"All the shit, you let him put me through" I continued

"And you're just going to defend him, to run back into his arms and act like he actually loved us?"

"That's not what sisters do- and I'm sorry Macey, I really am, but I don't and I don't know that I'll ever have it in my heart to forgive you."

And then I walked away.

We went to court, Calum and I sitting together, watching mom and Macey sit at one table- Her dad and wife at the other.

I leaned onto Calum as everything started- watching every little thing go down.

"So bribing was involved?" The judge questioned once Macey accidentally brought up all the things her dad has been buying her.

"It-it's not bribing-" "buying you things in order to make you want to live with him- that's what it sounds like to me." She spoke.

She was defeated.

"Macey- you're on bipolar medicine, how's that going?" The judge asked honestly

"It's fine" she shrugged lightly

This went on for hours

And at the end

It shocked us all when the judge laughed and literally said

"Honey, I think the custody is perfect the exact way it is. You need to stop breaking your moms heart and start appreciating what you have." And she banged her gavel, leaving.

Part of me was pissed, because I didn't want to see her after this

But I was also happy- I didn't want that asshole having any say in what happens in her life.

Macey cried the whole way home- no one made a comment about anything.

"Macey- either go upstairs or stop crying" mom spoke after her standing downstairs crying for a minute

"No one in this fucking family loves me anymore!" She yelled- trying to run up the stairs, but my mom caught her so quick

And in that moment, my mom was crying

"Don't you dare- ever fucking say that" she cried out

"I am your mother, I have gave birth to you, I have sacrificed everything I have for you!" She almost yelled.

"I love you more than you will ever understand, and no actions that you do will change that."

"But honey- like that judge said, you need to get a grip and start appreciating what you do have because I'm not going to sit here and continually take this jealousy bullshit from you" she cried, letting her go and wiping her tears.

Macey didn't say a word before running upstairs, locking herself in her room.

I decided to go to my own room

I walked passed Macey's and apparently, she spilled something because I immediately slipped, my collar bone colliding with the stair cases railing.

I immediately felt pain that made me pretty much scream

Involuntary tears were already sliding down my cheeks as I heard footsteps running up the stairs

"Jesus Christ"