|5|

After about fifteen minutes of begging

Macey and I convinced Calum to wait until after our periods to give us our shots, just so we didn't feel more sucky than we probably already would feel.

He agreed, but made us promise to do it willingly as soon as he told us we had the appointment, which we of course agreed to.

After work, Calum took us to some kind of coffee shop that he swore was the best coffee he's ever had.

We all ordered, and while Calum was scrolling through his phone, waiting for the man to repeat the price to him, Macey quickly slipped him the money

We hate when people pay for us, especially when they've been giving us a place to stay for the past week.

So we paid for him, which wasn't much, but a little bit might go a long way.

"Okay, here's your coffees" the guy spoke, sliding the drinks to us while repeating the orders.

"How much do I owe you?" Calum asked.

"Nothing, your girls paid" he quickly smiled as Macey and I scooped our drinks up, almost pace walking out of the building.

"Girls" Calum said sternly, catching up with us easily, throwing his arms over both of our shoulder.

"As much as I appreciate both of you gestures-" "you're not paying us back" I spoke, making him raise his eyebrows.

"What makes you think that?" He laughed lightly, which made me smile.

"You can pay us back by dealing with us for the next week, because I promise you, you're going to hate us"

"I wouldn't hate either of you, no matter what"

two days later
Macey.

Casey and I were in Calum's office.

Casey fast asleep on one end of the couch, clutching a water bottle to her belly as I laid on the other end, scrolling through Twitter.

Calum entered, looking to the two of us.

"Casey okay?" He spoke, nodding to her.

"Yeah, she sleeps a lot when she's bleeding" I spoke simply.

"She's normally this pale?" He pointed out, which made me look to her quickly, seeing that she was a little more white than she normally would be.

"I don't know" I mumbled, sitting up as he placed his hands to her cheeks.

He carefully woke her up, obviously not trying to put her in a bad mood.

She barely opened her eyes before she shut them again, moving herself more into his hold.

"You feeling okay?" He asked her, rubbing her back.

She let out a small whine, giving him his answer.

They spoke back and fourth for a few minutes, him basically just asking her what hurt and her level of pain.

I don't know though, there was something off about her, something I couldn't pin point.

"I think we need to talk to Ash, you shouldn't be in this much pain on your first day bab-" "I'll be fine." She spoke, cuddling herself more into him.

"You probably will be, but there's also a chance that, that could change, so let's just go talk to him and see what he thinks, okay?" He spoke towards her, and I could tell that she didn't want to- at all.

But she agreed, standing with him, her hand immediately going to her tummy.

I went with them, watching as we walked into Ashton's office.

"Ms.Casey is in some concerning pain for her first day and I want your opinion" Calum spoke, a smile immediately coming across Ashton's face.

"Come here pretty girl!" He bounced, making Casey move to him.

He felt around under her shirt, before he touched one spot, making her almost jerk away immediately.

"That's not good" he mumbled, slowly gaining her back before touching tenderly around the area.

"I think we need to just get an ultra sound of your ovaries, just let me get a better look at the inside to make sure it's not anything bad, how's that sound?" He spoke to her, watching her reactions.

She nodded lightly, which made him smile before he immediately called someone, saying things I didn't listen to before saying

"Okay we'll come in ten" and hanging up

He then held my little sister in his lap, letting her rest her head on his shoulder as I watched, almost nervous for her

I wanted to know what was going through his head

What's his concerns?
What could be wrong with her?

And if something is wrong, what can I do to make it right?

I would 120% rather be in pain than watch her lay in pain.