|14|

Calum.

I ran to trauma, running through curtains, trying to find her.

I stopped a nurse
"Where's Casey Gomez-" "she was moved to ICU, they're already scheduling her a overnight room"

"Thank you" I breathed out- sprinting down the hall and into ICU immediately.

I looked through the glass rooms, eventually seeing a sobbing Casey, Luke holding her tightly.

"What's going on?" I declared

"The fucking medicine won't kick in" luke spoke.

The level of frustration he was in- he didn't want to see her in pain, at all, no one did.

"Can you give me a work up?" I spoke.

"Michael had to set her nose, it was fucking broke." He spoke.

"She's got a fucking concussion, whiplash, broken ribs and a dislocated knee, everything's been temporarily fixed, I'm icing her knee so the swelling goes down to get it in a splint brace, her ribs are icing, she's supposed to be icing her face, but it's sensitive." He spoke, rubbing her back.

"Her eyes are already bruising" he finished.

"Look at me pretty girl" I spoke, grabbing her hand gently.

She slowly looked to me, revealing her still bleeding nose and the dark purple bruises rising on her eyes.

I grabbed a wet rag, gently helping her with the bleeding nose.

I rubbed her shoulders gently, which made her breathing slow enough to where Luke finally relaxed.

I held the ice pack to her nose, continually talking to her, assuring her that she was okay.

"Where's Macey?" She suddenly spoke.

"Macey's fine, shes being discharged" I explained.

"Don't be mad at her Cal-" "baby I'm not mad at anyone, I promise, I'm worried about you, and that's it."

Michael soon came back, assisting Luke with getting her knee into the splint without dislocating it again.

"Okay princess, this splint will not let you bend your knee, I don't want any weight on it for two weeks, and then I'll slowly start getting some of your weight onto it, okay?" He spoke, making her nod slowly.

"Let's see this nose." He spoke, making me pull the ice away.

She closed her eyes, letting him lightly touch the bridge of her nose and down towards her eyes.

A tear fell, making Michael carefully wipe it, before pulling his hands away, giving me the nod to put it back.

"If all is good in the morning, we'll discharge her, but with the concussion and all of the pain I want her to stay on iv medicine tonight" luke declared.

"Dr.Hemmings, Ms.Carley had been assigned to room 103" a nurse spoke, handing him papers, which made him nod, mumbling a quick thank you.

We got a wheelchair, the three of us explaining to her how to stand without hurting herself before we attempted.
"Just put all of your weight into your right leg, and let Calum just hold you, okay?" Luke explained slowly, which made her nod.

We helped her stand, her immediately leaning into me, no weight onto her bad knee.

"Where's my fucking hoodie?" She spat quickly once we had her sitting.

"We had to cut it off of you baby" luke spoke, and her eyes flew to mine
"I'm gonna pay you back-" "that's not happening."

We got her into her room, and immediately started covering her up, situating ice packs onto her neck, and I gave her nose a break from the ice.

I kissed her head multiple times, holding her close to me as I did, feeling her holding my hands as I did.

The medication finally started kicking in, which made her eyes get heavier and heavier.

"Go to sleep princess."  I spoke, kissing her head once more.

Within minutes she was fast asleep, and just as if planned, Ashton came in with a still crying Macey.

"Please don't tell me she's in a fucking coma" she sobbed out.

"No princess, come see" I spoke, pulling myself into a chair.

She came to me, and I held her into me tightly, holding her in my lap as she visibly tried to stop crying.

"She just fell back asleep, it's just the medicine." I explained, making her nod slowly

"Mom said she wanted to talk to you when you had time" she breathed into my chest, making me nod to her, kissing her head gently.

Soon Casey rolled onto her side, which made Ashton quickly set his hands on her ribs, making sure she didn't bump them.

Her eyes opened, seeing Macey.

"Come on" she mumbled, patting the side of the bed she wasn't on.

Macey didn't hesitate to crawl into the bed with her, both of them holding each other close.

"I'm so sorry" Macey breathed out, into Casey.

"I'm just glad you weren't alone." She mumbled into Macey, playing with her hair gently.

Once they both started drifting to sleep, I went outside and called Meghan.

"Talking to my sobbing daughter didn't make me anymore unnerved about the situation" she spoke, and I could help but laugh.

"I thought that it would- I tried" I spoke, which made a laugh come from her.

"Give me the update on Casey" she spoke

"She had a broke nose, it's been set and she's starting to bruise under her eyes a little. She has a few broke ribs, a concussion, some whiplash, and her knee was dislocated" I explained slowly.

"Jesus fuck, how is she so much worse than Macey?"

"She was on the passenger side, the side that was hit." I spoke.

"I asked my boss, they're not letting me come home, they only made the fucking exception to them coming and visiting." She breathed out.

"I'd give them a few weeks at least before we put them on a plane" I spoke, and she made an agreeing noise.

"Would you fly with them if I got you a ticket?" She spoke.

"Of course, I don't wanna fly them across the country without an adult anyway" I spoke.

"Okay, I'll get the council to buy the ticket since  I can't fly to you guys." She mumbled.

"Good, just make it for about a month or longer" I spoke, and she agreed.

"Thank you for taking care of my babies" she spoke

"I'm sorry I couldn't avoid this meg-" "Calum this is no ones fault, it's just a very good lesson for the girls." She spoke, sighing.

"I love you" I spoke.

"I love you more"