There are about five different titles for this one

Starting with:
Procrastination ruler
Retellings monster
Someone stop me
Why am I like this
Does anyone else have this issue

All of which are kinda questions and able to be answered in any order.

First of all, yes, I'm writing this instead of catching up on reading and writing on here PROCRASTINATION IS ALIVE AND WELL YES I KNOW thank you.

But to get the main point... Some writing was seriously about to be done since a lot of ideas are swarming around in this skull of mine and really really need to start being written down. During the time of death by school, I'd actually started to create a draft on here for each new idea that spawned into my head, whether it be a chapter draft in an unpublished Coming Soon thing or an entire new story draft. These were for writing down the plot blarf as it came to me so I wouldn't forget.

As it is, there are posted two stories I'm working on now that aren't finished, both retellings or loosely based on of some sort. Both of their plot are entirely written out, they just need me to sit down and follow the dang outline. Then there's another one that's not posted I've actually been working on--no firm outline for it, but an idea on where to go.

That's not the point of this chapter though. The point of this was to see if anyone else has an idea problem where there are so many ideas at one time you just don't know what to start on. What do y'all do? You focus on what's already being written or just write another thing as it comes to you?

As I've said, there are a lot (a LOT) of unwritten stories I have at this point, most of which are based on a fairytale, folktale, or classic story at this point. If you want a list, I can actually give that.

Here're the retellings. There's Phantom of the Opera and Twelve Dancing Princesses which are already posted and *should* be worked on.

Two loosely based retellings that follow the second one mentioned in that last paragraph, which are sequels to that particular story, one based on Alice in Wonderland and another based on Sleeping Beauty.

To finish out the classic story retellings at the moment, there's a Frankenstein idea that came to me relatively recently. (I'd really love to do one on Dracula one day, since that's an all time favorite of mine)

Then there's Giselle and Swan Lake.

Something based on a Japanese folktale.

Another thing based on a whole lot of folk/fairytales/mythology. (Got the idea for this one from two graphic novel series by Mike Mignola, although I'm not basing it after them. The layout was inspired by, if anything.)

Snow White

Maybe another Alice in Wonderland, not sure on that one though. It may combine with another thing.

Cinderella

Little Red Riding Hood

By the way, I've been trying to come up with a cool name for a Red character in that. While my first thought is to call someone Ruby or Ruby Rose, that's actually already been used in a webseries I'm watching (loving). Scarlet would be the next idea, but again, I feel as though that one has been used a few times. Now I've come up with Crimson, Poppy, Autumn, and Cinder. Y'all have any ideas or favorites out of that?

Then three things that actually aren't retellings but are just random ideas: a science fiction story, a teen fiction *gags* (okay I'mma go with sports and not teen fic on that one) story, and a something-historical-ish-royal-thingy.

And rewriting the two finished retellings on here because they're honestly a mess, one of which has a genre change in its near future.

So like, too many.

What do you do when your brain overrides and gives you too many ideas?

Please.

Seriously.

Sos.

Send help.

cuz like, it's about to become an absolute mess over here.