Author Tag

I was tagged by autumn_sunfire do  this pretty nifty tag here.

Five to seven facts about your novel, stories, or fanfics:

1) The magic system-thing in ItBC and Snow Falls was inspired by the alchemy rule in "Fullmetal Alchemist." There always has to be an equivalent exchange. When I was writing, I knew they couldn't have unlimited power. That'd just make the characters superhuman, and that wasn't really what I was going for. Wands were also off-limits. Meanwhile, I was reading that series and came across the law of equivalent exchange. My brain went "that works!"

2) Lyza's name has been threatening to change to Zara in the final draft, but my brother's stopped me by saying that the full story behind her name is relatively important. So now, Lyza stays but the big name is less complicated.

3) Never has a Brennen in ItBC been imagined as *gags while writing this* hot. It was only when I posted it on here people started saying that he was attractive, to which I sorta yelled (maybe in my head and maybe not) that he wasn't. In the first draft he was thought of as more werewolf-y-ish, but with human aspects. Now, he's a lot like a spider. Tall and gangly and--relatively creepy. I'm not entirely sure where "physically attractive" came in when people read it. Probably through a few of my less-than-awesome descriptions.

4) I'm not a huge fanfiction writer, but I do have one in my drafts. It's a Pokemon fanfic. I also have one that's published which I may swap to fanfic, then a possible Harry Potter one in drafts. I think  a fanfiction I'd love to do most of all would be a Batman one. No author insert though, I don't really write them.  I want to try and do it like it's just another Batman story.

Maybe a Deadpool Kills the Disney Universe one, too. That'd be... amusingly cringe-worthy.

5) The Murders of the Twelve is actually a part of a trilogy, which I came up with backwards. I got an idea for the third one a few years ago, then one for an Alice in Wonderland retelling, then for TMotT. They originally weren't going to be connected at all, but my retelling loving brain decided that they could all have a little fairytale to them. As it stands,  TMotT is a semi Twelve Dancing Princesses retelling, the next book (tentatively named Into Madness) is an Alice in Wonderland retelling, and the last one in the series is called Thorns of Blood, which is a Sleeping Beauty retelling.

6) I had no plans whatsoever to write When Snow Falls. I had a Nutcracker idea circulating, but it wasn't until a prompt from FairytaleCommunity showed up I actually wrote something.

7) The story I've had in my head longest is a lot like the X-Men. Ironically, it's still only in my head and not written down. You'd think I'd eventually write it but nooo... And the ideas keep coming, too.

List as many books, movies, series, or authors that have influenced your writing:

Gah ...

Well, I can't really say I'm not inspired by movies. Really, I get a lot of my ideas from little scenes I watch, whether it be the ending to Tangled, ending of Zootopia, Logan (no I haven't seen it), Marvel anything, or Resident Evil smashed with Phantom of the Opera. Weirdly enough, only "older" books inspire me, like classic fairytales or Dracula or Nutcracker. Half the time, I just get an idea from TV/movie though.

I can't really name an author. For me and books, if it's there it's there. I read and if I like, I read again.

And again.

And again.

Although, Hiromu Arakawa's FMA is a big inspiration in a book or two.

Tag twenty people:

I honestly can't think of anyone to tag. If you want to, go on ahead. It's fun:)