Chapter 14

Rosalyn

Today is going to be a busy day, it's Friday and this day always seems to be the busiest. So, if I want today to go by smoothly I need to leave my bad mind set from yesterday's events out of my head and start new. This morning I had an early appointment with my doctor to make sure that everything is okay with my body from the miscarriage. Even though to others it may seem strange, I decided to continue on getting my pregnancy shots. I don't want to end up feeling weird without that hormone coming into my body. I also didn't get the shot because I'm planning on getting back with Jamie, or because I will be sleeping around but sometimes a girl has needs and well I don't want to have to worry about an unprepared outcome again.

"Thank you for driving me to work." I say to Simon as he makes a stop at a red light.

"Don't worry about it." Simon smiles, looking at me with bright blue eyes. "I actually wanted your opinion on something."

"Oh? What is it?" I ask, turning my head to briefly look at the street view out the window.

"Do you think it's too soon if I ask Emma to marry me?"

"What!" I gasp, turning my head to look at him with wide eyes. Did he really say what I thought he said?

"Do you?" He asks, his voice slightly more nervous than before,  as the light turns green and he steps on the gas. "I know it may seem too soon but I love Emma. She just makes me so happy and I...I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I know I'm barely starting out at the law firm but I know I can give her all that she needs."

"Oh, Simon, you know Emma doesn't care of the materialistic things. Sure she has been blessed to have them but she loves you. Plus, you should know that by now if you guys are like bunnies every night." I playfully tease giving him a gentle shove on the arm and he laughs.

"So should I ask her then?"

"Yes." I nod. "When are you going to ask?"

"I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know when I have it planned out."

"Okay." I say and innerly vow to myself to definitely find my own place as soon as possible if they are taking the next step.

When I step off the elevator at English Touch, I prepare myself to do my best to ignore Alison as I walk across reception, but to my luck she wasn't at her desk. When I reach the work area, my brows furrow at the loudness in the room. My ears become filled with phones ringing, people chatting and typing away on their computers. Granted, some days do get busy but not so early.

Instead of heading straight away to my desk, I walk to the left side of the room towards Audrey. As I approach her, she is standing, digging through a pile of papers on her desk, looking a bit frantic.

"Hey, Audrey." I greet. "Are you okay? Why does everybody seem like their deadlines are for today?" I question, looking once more around the busy area.

"In a way, they are. Mr. Styles has an important meeting today, as you must know."

"Yes." I nod. "With the board team."

"Right, so he is trying to get everything done that has to do with the few book releases he has planned before his business trip to Seattle."

I shake my head. "But I don't understand, Audrey. The business trip isn't for another-"

"Miss Fox, there you are." I hear Mr.Styles say and I glance up seeing him standing right outside the copy room. "Follow me please."

I silently dismiss myself from Audrey and follow Mr. Styles across the room and into his office. My brows furrow at is fast pace as he walks.