Chapter 12

Rosalyn

As I made my journey back to English Touch an hour later, after eating at a nearby Chinese restaurant, I couldn't help but feel humbled by Harry's kind gesture in lending me money. It's not his responsibility to help me out but he does it anyways and I am very thankful. I can't help but feel like a burden though, with all the shit that happened with Jamie at English Touch that Mr.Styles had to deal with. Even when I did have money, and I was in the hospital, he dealt with all of those expenses. I will not be able to thank him enough for all of it.

When I arrive back at work, I decide to walk around to pay Tom and Audrey a visit at their desks.

"Hey guys." I smile as I approach them. The both turn in their seats to look at me, behind them.

"Hey girl," Audrey smiles back. "You look a bit better."

I shrug. "I'm trying. There is no point in being sad, it won't change anything."

"That's very true. However, I do admire your strength." Tom pitches in, setting his pen down on his desk, looking at me with warm brown eyes.

"Well, looks like we aren't the only ones who don't like you being upset." Audrey comments and I turn to look down at her, seeing that she was looking across the room. I furrow my brows, following her gaze, and my lips part at the object resting on my desk.

What the heck?

"Uh... I'll be right back." I say sounding distracted, as I dismiss myself from the pair of them and head across the room.

When I reach my desk, my lips part in shock and curiosity as I gaze at the beautiful bouquet of light pink roses resting in a glass vase. The sweet smell fills my senses as I place my bag down on my desk and vaguely I am surprised that Mr. Styles has his office door open, especially at this hour; being the busiest and loudest moment in the day with all of the workers in the room. Then my eyes flicker to the small white card mixed in between the roses and my heart nervously spikes a little.

Is this Jamie' s way of apologizing? If it is, he is going to have to do better than a bouquet of roses; not that I would forgive him.

Tentatively, I reach for the small white envelope and turn it around to take the thick card out, my eyes reading the inked handwritten words.

I know times are hard...but smile. You are beautiful. - H.S

A breath hitches between my teeth and my eyes flicker up from the card, catching glance with Harry. His eyes me for a moment before his lips pull into shy but pleased smile as his eyes flicker down to his desk, continuing his work. For a moment, it's as if I can't move, unsure of what to do or say.

Harry is just so kind to me but I can't help but wonder why. Or is it possible that I'm just reading too much into his notions and he just wants me to have a better day? But then again, he did say that he wanted to show me how it feels to be taken care of in the right way. However, why does he care so much about that?

Once I feel like I collected myself after seeing the surprise, I put my purse away in its designated spot before turning around to head to Mr. Styles' office. He doesn't see me, so I lift up my hand and gently knock against the open door, making him look up.

"Can I come in?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course." He says, with a faint chuckle that tells me that there is no need to have asked. Quietly, I step into his office and shut the door behind me. Harry remains watching me as I cross the room.

"Why did you give me those roses?" I ask, pushing the right side of my hair behind my ear.

"Because I can." He replies, his pen still in his hand, looking up at me. He stares at me for a moment, until he realizes that I am serious, placing his pen down on his desk.