Chapter 15

Rosalyn

Night in the city still holds the same busy traffic as during the day, maybe even more; especially on a Friday night where everyone is out of work and ready to have fun for the weekend. The air is a bit chilly, but in the best way as I stand outside of the restaurant that Harry has brought us to, waiting for him to finish his phone call.

"Yes, I need it for tomorrow please." I hear Harry speak a few feet away. I turn away from looking at a little girl dancing in a small puddle, with a lollipop in her hand, to look over at him.

"Okay, good. No, that's it Jerry. Thank you." He says before hanging up his phone and shoving the device into his pants pocket as he makes his way over to me.  "Sorry about that. I have to have  a new computer sent to the office."

"It's okay."  I smile.

"Let's go inside." He says, gently placing his hand on the small of my back and guiding me inside.

The restaurant that we are attending is one that I have not been to before. It's filled with dark polished wood walls and pillars. Round tables with white cloths decorated with small vases of beautiful pink roses. The lights in the place were slightly dim giving the area a nice romantic and peaceful vibe, not that this was a date.

Having dinner with Harry isn't a date. When he asked me to join him for dinner, turns out he didn't eat at all. All he had was a coffee and a donut and the gesture of asking me out is more of a thank you. After all, Mr. Styles doesn't mix business with pleasure.

Our waiter for the night, appears to be a guy in his early twenties, with short light brown hair and soft hazel colored eyes. He is dressed in a pair of black pants, a white button up shirt and a matching black vest.

"What would you like to drink?" The waiter, who's name tag reads Connor, asks Harry and I; once we are both seated at our table. 

"What would you like?" Harry asks me from across the small round table. Glancing down at the menu, I scan the list of drinks in Black cursive writing, only noticing an eclectic amount of different alcoholic drinks. 

"Oh, um, I really don't know much about champagne or wine." I mutter, feeling a slight warmth burn my cheeks as I look up from my menu to the waiter. "I'll just have a glass of water please."

"Yes, of course." He nods with a small sweet smile, his arms held behind his back, before focusing on Harry. "For you, Sir?"

"A bottle of Bollinger and two glasses."

"Very well. I'll give you two a minute to decide what to order." Connor says, politely dismissing himself from us. As he leaves, I take this opportunity to look around the restaurant, seeing the rest of the costumers dressed in sharp fancy clothing, clicking wine glasses and conversing.

"You look beautiful, don't worry." Harry suddenly speaks, taking me by surprise.

"Oh, um thank you. However, I wasn't really thinking that." I fumble, skimming my hands over the hem of my navy blue dress, that rest about two inches above my knees. "I was thinking more about how much my food will cost." I say with a small chuckle.

"Don't worry about that either." He says giving me a wink, before grabbing his menu off the table. I smile and begin to look for what I'm going to order. 

After a while of deliberating, Harry order the steak, medium rare with cesar salad on the side and I order a small plate of Alfredo pasta and Quinoa salad.

"Here is you bottle of Bollinger." Connor states once he displays our plates of food im front of us, my glass of what and the two champagne flutes. "Let me just open it for you."