Chapter 5 - Tired

We're all shocked by what just happened. Greg had dropped the gun and immediately shut down. It was over. I bury my face in Connor's chest, which he doesn't really seem to understand, but he holds his arm around me to make me feel better. One of the android girls is crying, while the other girl tries calming her down. Lieutenant Anderson first brings the other guy with him to the car.
'(Y/n),' Connor says quietly in my ear. 'We need to help him.' I nod and we get the two girls to the car. The rest of the policemen there help the victims out of the house while we bring the androids to the office.

I sigh as I sit down in my chair. I am tired, my eyes swollen from crying and my muscles hurt. That was one hectic first case. But this was the reason I joined the police. We had saved about five people, that were doing fine apart from some small wounds and they were being treated in the hospital. Even though I was probably going to be having nightmares about that android shooting himself, and me shooting that girl, I still think we did the best we could.
Connor walks up to me with a bowl of soup and hands it to me. 'Are you feeling a bit better, (y/n)?' I nod. 'Y-Yeah.. Thank you, Connor.' He smiles. 'I'm glad to hear. Take your time.' He rubs his hand on my shoulder before walking off.    

I finish my bowl of soup before going to Connor and lieutenant Anderson, who are standing in front of the interrogation room. 'Hey guys,' I say as I join them. 'Hey (y/n), how are you?' Connor asks. I smile. 'I'm fine now, don't worry about me. How's the case going now?' 'One of the girls is inside of the room. We're gonna ask her some stuff. You stay outside with Connor. I'll deal with it this time,' lieutenant Anderson says. I nod. 'Alright.'
I watch with Connor behind the glass while lieutenant Anderson questions this girl. She tells him everything. How they wanted revenge against the people that treated them so badly. How they got into this abandoned house and they kidnapped these people and were planning on doing some really messed up things. She cries. She tells him she didn't want anything to happen to her friends. She wanted to protect them. She didn't want to hurt anyone, but she couldn't stand the way they treated her and her friends.

They finish and the androids are brought to their cells. I grab my stuff and looked at the time. 8:30 pm. I need some dinner. '(Y/l/n).' I hear lieutenant Anderson call my name behind me. I turn around. 'Y-Yes?' 'You wanna join us for some dinner? I'm starving and I'm sure you are too.'
And so the three of us went to a nearby fast food restaurant to get something to eat. I loved every second of spending time with these two. They were funny, kind and just amazing. Connor almost seemed like a son to lieutenant Anderson. They acted like family. I felt at home with them though, as Connor always asked me things about myself and about my life in Los Angeles. I told him anything he wanted to know.

As soon as we finished eating, lieutenant Anderson brings me back to the office, so that I can step in my car to go home. 'Thanks for everything. I'll see both of you tomorrow,' I say. Lieutenant nod and Connor gives me a smile, which I return. 'Be careful, (y/n),' Connor says. I nod.
I step into my car and sigh deeply. What a day.. A stressful, scary, but successful day. I am exhausted, but that's understandable. I'm not used to these things yet. But one thing is for sure: I love my team. Both Connor and lieutenant Anderson are two amazing guys that I love hanging out with and love working with. And even though they are already partners for quite a long time, they do not leave me out and they treat me very nicely.
I return home and the first and only thing I can think of is going to bed. So I do.

I look at the computer screen at my desk, focusing on a few new cases we got. Suddenly, I notice Connor is looking at me. I turn to the right and see him smiling at me, head resting in his hand. I smile and wave, and he waves back cutely. I return to my work, but feel his eyes still burn in my face. I turn back, and see him still sitting there smiling at me. I wave again. This time he stands up. I get nervous. He walks to my desk and sticks out his hand. I grab it and he pulls me up. We're standing really close to each other now. '(Y/n),' Connor says quietly. It seems that no one is paying attention to what is happening. I am so nervous by Connor standing so close and staring at me, I can't seem to look him in the eye. 'Y-Yeah Connor?' 'I-'

I hear the beeping sound of my alarm, and my eyes open. I turn off my alarm and sit up, rubbing my eyes and yawning. Then I realize what just happened. 'WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT DREAM?!?!' I yell in shock. Had I just been dreaming like that about Connor?! Why?! That was so weird. My heart is thumping loudly and I try to calm myself down. I walk to the bathroom and splash some water in my face before looking in the mirror. "Get yourself together. You can't be dreaming like that about one of your partners. Plus, he's an android and he probably won't ever feel that way about you." I shake off the tiny feeling of disappointment in my head and make myself ready for work.

I step into my car and make my way to the office. On my way there I suddenly get that dream in my head again and get extremely nervous. Why do I feel so weird?
I walk into the building and get to my desk, where I put down my bag. I shoot a glance at Connor and lieutenant Anderson's desks. They're not here yet. Good. I sit down and start up my computer.
I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder. Shocked, I look over. My heart starts thumping again. It's Connor. He smiles kindly. 'Good morning, (y/n)! How are you?' I gulp. That smile.. 'G-Good morning, Connor. I'm fine, thanks for asking. W-What about you?' I ask, trying my best to not show how nervous I am. What is wrong with me.. 'I'm fine as well.' Of course he is. He's always fine. I guess it's just in his programming to say that.

I try my best to concentrate on my work, but I constantly look over to Connor. He doesn't seem to notice me. I sigh. My nervousness doesn't go away, and it annoys the hell out of me. After an hour of struggling I stand up for a cup of coffee, to hopefully calm myself down.
That cup of coffee was a mistake. As soon as I reach the break room, I notice agent Reed at the coffee machine. I wait by the door opening, pretending to be checking the messages on my phone. There's no messages like usual, but that didn't matter to me now. He passes me and glances up and down. I get the shivers from it. Why was he still trying, even though he knew I wasn't interested? What kind of weirdo is he?    

I get back to my desk and continue to work. Suddenly I hear captain Fowler yell: 'HANK! You and your team, in my office!' He meant me as well. I gulp and stand up. This can't be good.
We walk into captain Fowler's office. Lieutenant Anderson sits down while Connor and I stand behind him. 'What did you want from us, Fowler?' lieutenant says. Captain Fowler sighs.
'I wanted to talk with the three of you about your first case together. You guys did your job perfectly fine. Though the deaths of those two androids-' 'Oh, come on! We did the best we could. That android girl was about to fucking kill Connor! (Y/l/n) saved him! And that guy just killed himself. There was nothing we could do,' lieutenant says.
Captain Fowler coughs. 'Yes, I know that Hank. I wasn't going to talk shit about your performance. So will you stay calm and let me finish my sentences?' Lieutenant stays quiet at this. 'Thank you. I was impressed by your teamwork. You guys worked well together. Though there is another case I want the both of you to look into. It has to do with the two dead androids, specifically the girl.' He gets a folder from the side of his desk and opens it. Inside are a few papers and a picture of a few people. They're all androids. Four girls. One of them is Tana, the dead android girl.

'These three you probably don't recognize are three androids from the Eden club. In the Eden club are a few questionable things going on. One being that it's still functioning exactly like before the androids got free. So you will have to ask how this is even possible. I also want you to ask the three girls about it. Maybe if they were possibly involved in this disaster you guys just finished.' I nod. 'Also, there's been a suspect that was seen on footage of the Eden club security cameras. This person is suspected with multiple crimes involving androids and they're not found yet. I want you guys to try and find them while you're at it. You can ask the boss of the Eden Club for the footage.' We all agree on this. 'Alright, you are dismissed.' 

So we step into lieutenant Anderson's car and go to the Eden Club, to find out what in the world is happening there.