Chapter 3 - My first case

WARNING: It gets a little bit gory in this chapter, since they will be going to a house where a homicide has taken place. If you don't like reading about a dead body, please skip from where I warn you that it starts to where you can read again. Thank you :) (It's not that bad, but just as a warning.)

I sit down in the backseat of lieutenant Anderson's car. We drive to the location. I am extremely nervous for my first case. We were going to find a body, and need to find out what happened. But I was certain we'd be able to do this. We had Connor as well, so that was a big help.
I look through the window of the car as buildings and groups of people pass by and we get into a small neighborhood. We stop in front of a house with the hologram police tape and a bunch of other officers around. There are also a lot of news reporters, that immediately start questioning the three of us as soon as we step out. Lieutenant Anderson cuts them off and we walk through the police tape and inside the house.    

*If you don't like blood, skip this lol*
The smell of blood fills the air as we step inside. I have to hold my nose because of the overwhelming smell. 'Ugh, it reeks..' I mutter. 'Yeah..' lieutenant Anderson says as he walks into the living room. 'Good God..' I hear him mumble, and we follow him inside.
There sits the body of a guy on a couch, covered in blood and a shot wound in his forehead. I have to make my stomach calm down as I feel my lunch come up. 'Oh my God..' I say in disgust. 'Someone didn't like this guy..' lieutenant mutters as he steps past the coffee table to take a closer look. 'Yeah, you can say that again,' I say as I look around the gross room. Flies and other insects are everywhere. 'How long has he been laying here?' 'About a day or two..' the man further down the room says. I nod. 'Connor, do your thing,' lieutenant Anderson says. Connor gives him a quick nod before roaming around the room, scanning the place for clues.
I take a look at the body again. His shirt is covered in blood, and I notice three shot wounds in his chest. Blood is also oozing from his mouth, and lines of blood cover his face that come from the wound in his forehead. It is a horrible sight.
*It gets less bloody from here ;)*

'Connor, have you found anything?' lieutenant Anderson asks. 'Yes, I have found that the attacker is an android. As far as I can tell, the victim was sitting on the couch the entire time, but I need more clues.' I look around the room now too, trying to help Connor in finding clues. Then I see a knife on the floor next to the couch. 'Guys, come take a look at this,' I say as I crouch down in front of it. Connor scans the knife. 'There's fingerprints of the victim on the handle. And I see Thirium on the knife itself. The victim must've tried to defend himself.' I nod and stand back up. 

'Do you think the android fled or are they still here?' I hear lieutenant Anderson ask Connor while I look at some stuff on a pinboard. There's posters and newspaper clippings on it, of anti-android protests. 'They could still be here, but I am unsure. I do see traces of Thirium everywhere, so they are probably wounded,' Connor answers.
I turn around and notice Connor is staring at the floor while walking around. Then he looks up at a wall and follows it. It looks like he is following a trail. 'Connor, what's up?' I ask. 'I found a trail of Thirium on both the walls and the floor. I am trying to find out where it leads to, since that might give us a clue to where the attacker went.
I decide to follow Connor while holding onto my gun. We get to the stairs, and look at each other for a moment before going up the stairs. 'Lieutenant, the attacker may still be in the house. We're finding it out right now,' Connor warns lieutenant Anderson as we reach upstairs. 'Be careful, both of you. You don't know if they're still armed,' he says. We both have our guns out now, slowly creeping towards one of the doors. Connor makes me walk towards it, because he is probably still following the trail of Thirium he found.    

We get to the door and I put my finger to my lips as I press my ear against the door to listen for any noises. I hear something, though it's very faint. 'Now,' I say as Connor kicks in the door and we both hold our guns up to the android covered in blue blood. 'FREEZE. PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM,' I yell. The android first points her gun, but as soon as she notices we are both armed she drops it and puts her hands up. Her stomach is covered in blue blood, and it looks like she is injured there and on her arm as well. 'I..I just wanted revenge for what he did to us,' she said. We stand there for a moment, before I nod at Connor and we both move towards her. I handcuff her and together we walk downstairs. 'We got her, lieutenant,' I say as I push the girl into the living room. 'Aha, so the attacker was still here, huh. Well let's go quickly. I'm dying for some coffee.'

We arrive back at the office, and while lieutenant Anderson is getting coffee, Connor and I talk a little more. 'We did it very well, huh!' I say. Connor nods. 'Yes. I think you did a great job for your first homicide case. You handled it very well, (y/n).' I smile. 'Aw, thanks Connor. Though if it weren't for you, we wouldn't have found her.'
Lieutenant Anderson hands me a cup of coffee. I thank him. 'So, we'll need to interrogate her in a moment, huh. I wonder what she has to say to us.' I nod. 'Yeah, but I think I know what's going on.' The two looked at me in disbelief. 'Already? We haven't even asked anything yet.' 'Yeah, but I saw some clues in the house that gave me an idea of what her reasoning might've been..'
Lieutenant raises an eyebrow. 'Well, if you know it so well.. You'll be the first one to ask the questions. I'm curious to see how well you'll do.' I look over to Connor, who cocks his head and gives me a small smile. I smile back at him.    

Here we go.
I stand in front of the door to the interrogation room. My palms are sweaty and my heart is racing. I know I shouldn't be so nervous, but I can't help it. It will be my first interrogation. Not only that, but the fact that behind the glass lieutenant Anderson, Connor, agent Reed and a few other agents are watching my actions makes me feel lightheaded.
But I know exactly what I'm going to ask her. I'm certain that I know enough to get all the information out of her. More than lieutenant had apparently noticed.
I open the door and step inside. The girl is sitting in the chair, leaned back as she looks at me. Her light is yellow. 'So.. You killed him,' I say as I sit down and look at her. 'You wanted revenge for what he did to you, you said. What did he do?' She frowned. 'The damned guy..' she muttered.
'I know that you didn't like him to begin with, since he was a leader of one of the protests against androids. But is that really the only reason you hated him? Because then you could've killed any other person from those protests.' She stayed silent for a moment. Her light flashed red for a split second, before returning to yellow.

'He hated androids. He wasn't just a dirty protestor, he actually abused androids that would pass by. The same happened to me and a few others that I worked with. He kicked us and called us a "waste of space". I couldn't defend myself back then, since androids weren't free to think. I could only endure. Me and other androids that worked at the same place all had to endure what he and his damned friends did to us. Verbally and physically abusing us without anyone helping or telling them to stop. I couldn't stand it anymore. I was about to go fucking deviant, but the world had already given the sign it was okay for us to live on. Jericho came and freed us. I teamed up with a few of the other androids who felt the same, and made a plan.'
'..And that plan was to get rid of anyone that had ever hurt you?' She looked at me in shock, her light flashing back to red again. I smile. 'So that is the case. This guy wasn't your only target.' She has an expression of defeat, like she just realized she said too much. This was easier than I thought, especially when your suspect tells you everything no problem.
'Then I want to know two more things of you.' I lean in closer. 'Where is your hideout and where are the other victims?' She looks at me angrily. 'I will never tell you that. Even when you find out, you'll be too late. We will slaughter them. They don't deserve a place on this planet.' 'You're being no better than them. That is not the way to-' 'THEY DESERVE IT. THEY HURT SO MANY ANDROIDS, NO MERCY. SO NOW WE WILL SHOW THEM NO MERCY EITHER.' I sigh. 'We can do this the easy way, or the difficult way. We will find out where your hideout is. No matter how little you tell me, no matter what you do, we will save those people. So you can tell us where it is, or we'll get it out of you.' She looks at me in anger. 'Never.' Connor walks in. '(Y/n), I can help you with this if you want.' I nod. 'Go ahead Connor. She's not telling us anything.'
Connor walks up to her, grabs her arm and both the skin of his hand and her arm disappear for a moment, as he takes in her memory. 'I got it. I know where the others are,' he says. 'Alright,' I say, and we're about to leave the room.

Suddenly, somehow while she is still handcuffed, she gets a gun from one of the policemen and runs in front of the door, pointing the gun at both me and Connor. 'I'M NOT LETTING YOU INTERFERE WITH OUR PLAN!' she screams. We both pull out our guns as well, and point it at her. 'You don't want to do this,' I tell her. The other policeman in the corner of the room, who still has a gun, also points his gun at her. 'Whoever you'll shoot, we will shoot back.' She is freaking out. 'YOU CAN'T INTERFERE.' 'Listen to me, it's over. We know exactly where the place is. Let us open the door and we won't harm you.'
'I AM GOING TO DIE ANYWAY, SO I'LL TAKE THE ONE WITH THE INFO WITH ME!' She points her gun at Connor, and is about to shoot. I freak out. I don't want to shoot her, but.. I don't want Connor to die either. She is about to pull the trigger..

Both me and the other policeman shoot. She stands there in shock for a second, before falling to her knees. She sits completely still.
She passed away.. And it is my fault..