Chapter 4 - Find the others..

I didn't mean to shoot.. But I had no choice. 'I-I'm sorry..' I mutter as I drop my arms, gun still in my hands. 'I.. I didn't mean to..' Connor puts his hand on my shoulder. 'It's okay (y/n), don't worry. You did what was best.' I shake my head slowly as I drop my gaze down at the dead android girl sitting there. I sigh deeply to calm down a bit. 'I'm sorry Connor. I just wanted to protect you.' He smiles. 'Thank you for saving me.' I smile at him sadly.
'Okay, we're done here. Let's get the others before it is too late,' lieutenant Anderson says while standing in the door opening, glancing at the girl for a split second before helping us past her. 'Clean this up, will you?' he tells one of the policemen in the room while pointing at the girl.

We step back in lieutenant's car, on our way to the hideout. Connor gives lieutenant Anderson directions, while I sit in the backseat fidgeting my hands in nervousness. I still feel bad for killing her, but I really couldn't think in that short moment. She could've killed Connor. I wouldn't let that happen. Connor is my partner. Android or not, I have to protect him. And Connor was the one with all of the information to the other victims, without him we were going to get nowhere.
I look out of the window, to see the sun is setting. It's going to be a long evening still, I figured. I might get some fast food for dinner, since I don't want to have to cook at 10 pm or something like that.
We arrive at the house and I mentally prepare myself for what we're about to find. I'm about to open the car door to get out, but then Connor already opens it for me and holds his hand out. I smile, grab his hand and am helped out of the car. 'Thank you, Connor,' I say calmly as he slams the door shut behind me. He gives me a quick smile and nod before we all go into "investigation mode" and focus on the house in front of us. We all grab our guns and walk to the door.

Lieutenant Anderson goes first and he kicks open the door. We follow him as we sneak inside the house. It's completely broken down, like no one has lived here in a long time.
Then, we hear screaming. It sounds like it comes from beneath us. Connor finds a door that leads downstairs, and we all quickly move down. 'DETROIT POLICE, PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!' Connor yells as we point our guns at the group of people in the basement. There's a guy strapped to a chair, covered in blood and crying. There's a group of four androids standing around him and a few tied up men and one woman sitting in the corner. They androids put their arms up.
'Shit, she got caught, didn't she..' one of the male androids says. 'Is Tana okay?' With Tana he must mean the girl I shot a moment ago. I gulp. 'It doesn't matter, you guys are coming with us,' Connor says. 'IT DOES MATTER! WHERE IS SHE?' he screams. One of the female androids tells him to calm down, but he doesn't. 'TELL ME WHERE TANA IS!' Connor glances over at me, and probably notices how nervous and scared I am.
'Tana is at our office. Go with us and nothing will happen to her,' he says. The guy seems to calm down a little from this. 'Let the people go and follow us.' The guy steps forward with his arms up, indicating that he is following Connor's orders, but then he hesitates. 'I want to hear her voice first..' he says. I freeze. 'She is at the office. Once you're there, you get to speak to her,' Connor says. The guy shakes his head. 'N-No.. I want to hear her voice, then I'll do as you say.' Even Connor has trouble with this situation.

'Handcuff them,' lieutenant Anderson tells us and we're about to walk to them, but then the guy sprints at me, rips the gun from my hands, grabs me and holds me tightly with the gun to my head. 'CALL TANA AND LET ME HEAR HER VOICE!' he yells. 'Greg, stop overreacting! It's already over, just-' "Greg" cuts the other android off. 'I need to hear from herself that she's okay. That's all that matters to me.' I feel the tears come up as I am terrified to move, terrified to blink, terrified to breathe. Connor has his gun pointed at Greg, but knows he can't just shoot.
'Greg, listen to me. Tana is fine. We can't let you hear her voice right now, but I promise you that you'll see her when we get at the office,' Connor says while slowly approaching. 'DON'T MOVE OR I'LL BLOW HER HEAD OFF!' he screams at Connor while pressing the gun even closer to my temple. Connor freezes at this, looking both concerned at me and angry at Greg. 'P-Please.. Let me go..' I mutter. I would usually try my best to get free with all of my strength, but I didn't want to get killed and this guy was unpredictable.    

    'Why aren't you trying to save her, huh? She seems important to you.' Connor looks from Greg at me again, before returning his gaze at Greg. 'All I want is to hear Tana's voice. Is that too much to ask for? Or were you lying to me this whole time and is she not okay? Or maybe she's not at the office, huh?!' I feel the tears streaming down my face. 'She's...... ead..' 'What?' I try my best to breathe, but the arm around my neck is not allowing me. 'She's....' I'm so afraid he'll kill me. 'SHE'S DEAD!' I scream.
I hold my eyes closed tightly, waiting for the trigger to go over, but instead the arm lets me go. I hear Greg drop to his knees behind me. Now's my chance. I run over to Connor, and he quickly covers me. 'She's... She's..' Greg mutters with a face of defeat. The other androids stand there silently watching Greg, horrified by the news as well. 'She.. she said she'd be fine today.. I don't understand..' 'I'm sorry..' I mutter. Connor puts an arm around my shoulders and tries to calm me down.
Greg sits there in silence, tears filling his eyes as he looks at the ground. Then I see him hold up the gun. He puts the gun under his chin. 'NO!' I scream, but just as I say it, he shoots.    

Sorry this chapter is so short! the next one will be longer, I promise ;)