.Rise and Fall. (44)

Start from the beginning

I told him everything just like he wanted to know. From meeting Kevin, finding out about his dirty business and to Kevin dropping me home. After I was done with the story and so his bullcrap I stood up from the edge of the bed I was sitting. I walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?", he asked quietly and softly this time.

I turn to look at him. He had his hands on his face as he sit on the bed with his shoulders slumped. No! I won't let that sad defeated look forget me how he behaved like an animal with me some minutes ago.

"Anywhere but in this room with you", I said looking around which looked like the master bedroom. "I'm sure Stella won't appreciate if I stay longer in the room you shared or the one you're going to share tonight", I added.

That made him quickly jump off the bed and he walk towards me with his one hand extended out like to reach out for me but I'm far away from taking it.

"Rena please I didn't mean it that way. I was just blinded by rage and I wanted to make you...", he trailed off and begged with his eyes for me to understand. Why don't he give me his cold eyes now?

"Make me what? Jealous? It really doesn't matter." I shook my head. "I need to go and put my tent on", I said avoiding his eyes. I'd be lying if I say, his painful voice  wasn't already affecting me and I was actually considering to forgive him that soon.

"NO!", he firmly stated again. "I'm not letting you sleep in there. I know how easily you catch cold."

"Then what? Your childhood friend surely looks like she doesn't want me inside the house, you're not letting me sleep in the tent, should I just crash inside my car?", I snapped. Maybe its better if I just leave.

"You're sleeping with me. End of discussion", he deadpanned. He is impossible.

"Don't even dare to think I'll agree with that after you hurt me", I scoffed pointing my index at him.

He sighed. "I'm sorry. Please stop being so stubborn and lets go to sleep, I'm really tired." I just stood stunned. I mean, what a jerk of a nerves he has. As if I'm not a human and my decisions don't matter. He actually looked exhausted like he didn't sleep for days but that isn't changing a thing because I had sleepless nights too. The only difference, he's still dashingly handsome and its unfair.

"Unlock this damn door", I said trying to pull the door knob.

"Just have it your way then", he casually said and walk back before climbing on the bed. He pulled out the key from his pocket, put it under the pillow and slept on it. What a piece of shit? I hate his guts.

I'm not begging and lowering my pride to him. I decided to wait for him to fall asleep and then I can sneak out. I sat down near the door resting my head on it. I don't even have my phone to kill the time. I left it the kitchen counter before. And its all his fault.

I hugged my knees to my chest to ignore the shiverings as I felt my eyelids getting heavy. Slowly, I started to drift off but a pair of hands that came around my body made my eyes snap open again.

"No. Put me down", I try to push him off me.

"Please don't make this hard for both of us. I really missed you and I can't take this anymore", he huskily whispered, his eyes held remorse all the way carrying me in his arms to the bed.

I don't know if I was tired or I really wanted this, I stopped fighting. Maybe the hurt look on his face had some credit too.

He took his shirt off and I did the same with my sweater before we snuggled into the warm sheets. Pulling me closer to his bare upper body, he kissed my hair.

"Rena?", he whispered in my hair.

I didn't say anything in response. I was still hurt. He sighed and rested his face in the crook of my neck, holding me so close that I even found it hard to breathe. Like he was afraid to let me go. Damn me! I missed this.

"Do you have any feelings for that Kevin guy?", he asked. He is surely not letting this matter slip that easily, huh?

"Just a friend", despite all the anger I found myself answering. His grip tighten further if that was even possible.

"How could you wear that dress and go around a club like that?", he asked through his gritted teeth. I didn't answer. I could feel his anger coming back. Why is he getting angry? Shouldn't it be other way around for the torture he caused me for a week. I admit I told him to leave but all I wanted was an explanation and assurance that he'll stop doing what he did. Not leave me like that.

"It fucking killed me to imagine other boys checking you out in that dress. Then you finding out about the OZ. Many thoughts clouded my mind. I just had to leave", he sighed.

"For a week?", I asked.

"I had to clean up the mess and.. a part of me wanted to see you suff..", he didn’t finish the word like he almost regretted saying it. But I knew what it was. Suffer. He wanted me to suffer. I brought my hands to his chest to push him away, despite how good his muscles felt under my palm.

He was quick in pulling me back to him. "I mean I just wanted you to realise my absence. It wasn't easy for me too. Please don't ever tell me to leave."

"We should sleep. I'm tired and I need time to think", I said dismissing the matter. It was too much for me to take.

I push him away and this time he let go. I slept at the side of the bed turning my back to him. I heard him breathing through his mouth. I could only imagine his bare chest rising and falling.

"I came out all clean. No more working with the OZ", he informed. I was shocked.

"You did that?", I whispered without turning back.

He suddenly came and kissed my forehead before going back to his part of the bed.

"Only for you."

*********
Vote.Comment.Share