School Nurses.

Turtle here. I know I have already talked about how I hate some teachers and how school sucks.

But I hate the school nurse position.

So I get it, kids get sick and get injuries. People need medicine. But the school nurse program is so stupid. It's like this.

A kid's leg is cut off.

'Help, I need some way to survive the fatal wound.'

'Put some ice on it.'

'What? That won't help! I need something to stop the blood flow and pain. Can I at least have Tylonal?'

'We can't give you narcotics unless you drop them off ahead of time.'

*Kid dies*

'You shoulda' planned ahead and dropped off medicine for this scenerio.' The nurse says as she throws the body in a stack in the corner. 'NEXT'

The next kid has a fatal disease with his skin peeling super fast and he has the medicine at home.

'Can I go home?'

'Let's take your tempature.'

*Reads 99.99 degrees farenheit*

'Sorry, can't send you home. No fever.'

'I have a fatal disease.'

'NEEEXT'

Ok, maybe I exaggerated... A little bit.

But the school nurses aren't allowed any power except deciding if the kid goes home or not. No meds, no nothing. A fridge, an ice machine, and a thermometer could do what s(he) does.

It's not the nurse's fault. It's the schools.

-Turtle

Pheonix here. I kind of agree, kind of don't.

I do agree that nurses have no power, but some of them are really just in it for the money. In my state, if a kid goes to the nurse on the last day of school, they get a slight paycheck raise. So s couple years ago, my eighth grade year, on the last day of school the nurse called me in for flea bites.

First of all, I had flea bites for two damn years and the bitch didn't notice.

Second of all, after that she called up my parents and told them they were terrible parents because we moved into a house that had a flea infestation that the renter should have told us about before we moved in.

Bitch, do you know how hard it is to kill fucking fleas?!

Rant over.