The small man furrowed his eyebrows at that, pulling away from him because he didn't want to think about how his ex boyfriend was at his best friend's wedding but not him. I mean, he understood why he didn't receive an invitation but Harry?

"But, why did you invite Harry?" Louis sighed, sounding terribly jealous which is what he was.

"I didn't want him to feel bad if he saw the announcement or something." Niall shrugged, noticing how his friend gawked for a moment which caused the blonde to put two and two together. "Oh, no. Please tell me thats not what happened to you."

"I had to find out from a newspaper article that my best friends were getting married."

"Oh, Lou. I'm so sorry."

"Can we not talk about it?" He whispered, rubbing the back of his neck as he awkwardly looked at the closed elevator doors since they were still standing where he was when he was waiting for the machine to come to his floor. "Shouldn't we go upstairs? Let's go get comfy." He smiled, trying to change the subject.

He had succeeded, causing the blonde to press the button and hum a light tune as he waited for the doors to open once again. Once they did, they both entered with one of them going to press the button while the other simply hung back and rested their arms on the hand rest.

"So, tell me what happened? Did you sleep with anyone?" Niall chirped as the doors were closing, his eyebrows wiggling as he playfully showed his tongue to begin pretending to be kissing someone, causing the smaller man to giggle.

"Wait until we get to the apartment and then I'll tell you everything." Louis replied, a deep blush dusting his cheeks as he saw his friend raise his eyebrows in surprise while a smile was spread on his face.

Man had he missed this.

>>>>

Louis hummed as he waited in the lobby of the police station. He was in a particularly good mood after meeting Niall, and he seemed to be so content that he was fine with waiting half an hour for Harry to be released.

He was seated in one of their dinky chairs that had small holes in the fabric, so deep to the point where the foam cushion could be seen. And the room wasn't a beautiful sight either.

There were two rows of chairs for the people waiting while there were a few outdated posters and newspaper clippings. A woman stood behind the desk, dressed in a police officer uniform with her hair tied back into a tight pony tail while a stern look stayed painted on her face.

He chose not to speak to her unless he had to because in a way, he was almost scared of the woman. She looked like she could snap him in half.

"Tomlinson!" She called, causing him to stand from his seat instantly and hurry towards her because the sooner he finds out what she wanted, the sooner he could get away from her.

She waited until he was right across from her before saying: "You're here for Styles, correct?"

Louis agreed immediately, fearing that Harry was charged guilty and would not be released. Jesus, what would he do if Harry wasn't released?

Would he take over the apartment? Would he have to hold onto the man's things? Or, would Anne take it? What about Gemma? How would she react to her brother being a murderer? And now another man in her life has left her.

"Here are his belongings. He should be coming out shortly." She sighed, handing him a plastic bag that contained the man's wallet, phone, pocket change, and lip balm.

He took them graciously, returning back to his seat with the bag now resting in his lap. He was about to go back to having anxious thoughts about Harry getting caught, when a wooden door opened to reveal Harry along with a police officer who was escorting him with a tight hold on his arm while handcuffs were locked tightly around the man's wrists.