Adoption-The Captain's Friends

For: wolfchild15

A couple months later, all four pups were running around the yard and the house.

I was laying in the kitchen while Lucky and the pups were outside when I heard Steve, "I guess we should start finding them homes,".

I lifted my head and stared at him.

He was eating a sandwich with Bucky, "I want Bozo," was Bucky's response before he took half of his sandwich into his mouth.

"You can have her Buck," Steve told him as he rolled his eyes and took a bite of his own sandwich.

They were giving away my pups? I sat up and walked over to the two putting my paws onto the table to stare at Steve.

Bucky laughed, "I think she heard you,".

Steve sent him a glare before reaching over and scratching behind my ear, that wouldn't win the argument this time Steven.

"Bullet, it's time to find them homes," Steve started.

I flattened my ears.

Natasha seemed to appear near the fridge, "I want Lady," was all she said as she walked out of the room carrying a bottle of raspberry water.

Bucky pointed at Steve with his hand, "Two of four,".

I hadn't stopped glaring at Steve, they were mine. How would he feel if I just gave Bucky away to some stranger?

I gave a growl as I pushed myself off of the table and walked out the dog door.

Lucky was chasing my pups around the yard, playing tag.

I gave a loud bark, which caused Lucky to skid to a halt. It took the pups a bit longer to realize that Lucky had stopped chasing them and was heading over to me.

A loud chant of, "Mom mom mom mom!" filled my ears as my pups practically bowled me over.

After stumbling a bit, I sent a look at the pups, causing their ears to droop and their tails to tuck, "Sorry mom," the four said in unison.

I sat down, "What's wrong Bullet?" Lucky asked, tilting his head.

"Go play," I ordered shortly, it didn't take long for the four to scramble off.

I stood back up and started walking, Lucky followed after me. "I heard Steve talking in the kitchen with Bucky," I told him as we walked along the fence-line.

"What'd you hear?" he questioned.

I sighed, "He wants to get rid of my pups," I told him, looking over to the four playing tag on the other side of the yard.

Lucky froze, "What?"

I stopped and turned to face him, "He wants to give my pups away, Bucky and Natasha want to keep Bozo and Lady," I informed him, my ears drooped.

"But what about Bear and Ace?" he questioned, his posture mirroring mine.

"Steve didn't say anything about them... But he's going to give them away and I won't see them again," I told him sadly.

Bucky opened the backdoor, "Lunch!" he yelled, the pups all skidded to a halt before running inside.

"We should head in too," I told him as I started walking.

It took Lucky a few seconds to follow.

I could hear Steve pouring kibble into bowls when we got there.

The other Avengers we're slowly making their way into the kitchen, probably after their own lunch.

Lucky and I sat at the door and stared at Steve as he filled our bowls.

"Eat," Steve ordered as he headed to the counter and started making sandwiches.

I didn't move.

"I think she's mad at you," Clint commented as he plopped into a chair.

I could tell Lucky wanted to go see him.

Steve sighed, "She heard me talking about finding the puppies new homes,".

The pups were to involved with their food to hear him, but I growled anyway.

"You're giving them away?" Bruce asked, putting some sugar into his tea.

Steve nodded, "Natasha and Bucky both want one, I just have to find homes for Bear and Ace,".

Clint whistled for Lucky, who couldn't help but get up to see Clint, "If you can't find them homes, I can take them for Lila and Cooper," Clint offered as he rubbed Lucky's neck.

Bruce sipped his tea before putting it onto the table, "Can I have one?" Bruce requested.

Steve nodded, "Of course, I don't want to get rid of them, but five dogs is a bit much for me to handle,".

Bruce glanced at my four pups, who were still blissfully oblivious to the conversation around them.

"I think I'll take Ace," Bruce decided, picking his cup back up.

That just left Bear, I glanced at the fluffy male who was trying to take food from Lady, who wasn't having any of it.

"Tony doesn't really like dogs that much, maybe Thor would like Bear for whenever he's on Earth?" Bruce suggested as he sipped his tea.

Steve nodded, "Maybe, we'll keep him here until Thor gets back," Steve decided before looking at me, "They're all staying here, are you gonna keep being mad at me Bullet?"

I stood up and walked out of the room to go sit on the couch, I didn't care that I wasn't allowed on it.