Reunited-The Avenging Wolf

RAKSHA POV

We have been here for over three years.

My pups were now full grown but still a little smaller than me.

The four of them were all out hunting while I was watching over our den site on my rock in front of my den.

I made a humming growl as I closed my eyes and felt the breeze go through my fur.

I heard a rumbling in the distance, but it didn't sound like thunder. More like...

My eyes shot open and I looked up seeing a jet fly overhead.

I lifted my head so my nose was facing the sky and howled loudly.

Four other howls joined mine, getting the message.

I gave myself a pleased chuff getting up and walking to the stream that trickled through the ravine. Lapping at the clear water a few times and heading back up into my rock.

I heard Akela's howl in the distance echoing in the trees, telling me that he was returning.

I felt my ear twitch as I walked into my den and lay on the soft moss we'd collected a few moons previous.

Laying my head on my paws I waited for Akela's arrival, most likely with his siblings.

I waited for about ten minutes before I heard multiple paw steps coming through the woods.

I heard more steps coming but they were lighter than any of my pups.

"Mom we're back," I heard Baloo bark and I raised my head getting up.

I walked out of my den and onto my rock to see the visitors which much to my pleasure were the Avengers.

I leapt off my rock and onto the ravine floor walking over to my pups who each had one or two Avengers on their backs but the heavier ones walked like Thor and Steve.

They were all dressed in casual clothes instead of their uniforms.

Pietro jumped off Grey's back and Wanda was behind him,"Raksha," he said running over to me. He hugged my neck.

I gave a gentle chuff. I folded my ears back and sat down hugging Pietro back with my head.

BALOO POV... TEN MINUTES EARLIER...

I was running along the fenced border of the territory when I heard mom howl.

It was loud and echoed through the trees and air around us; giving an alert that something was coming.

I heard Akela reply as I pointed at the skies with my nose replying and Little Raksha and Grey joined in.

I moved off from the fence and started running off in the direction Akela, Grey, Little Raksha and I always went to if mom sent us an alert.

I was the first to enter the small clearing which was shielded from the sky by the branches of trees.

Next was Little Raksha who trotted in panting and Grey came after her.

Akela came a few moments later and looked at all of us, "Mom sent an alert and I saw a jet in the skies on the way here. I made sure to stick to the shelter of the trees so I wasn't seen. They landed off beside Cat Falls,".

Grey nodded his head, "Then that's the direction we're going to. We stick together on this, don't stray off. Let's go," Grey turned in the direction of Cat Falls and started trotting.

We all followed him because Grey was the second in power, if something happened to mom then Grey would take over.

He broke out into a sprint when he was sure we were all beside him and we all bounded through the forest. Jumping over fallen trees and rocks along the way.

We slowed down as we got closer and started stalking through the brush.

As I got closer I saw Grey flick his tail telling us to surround the area.

Akela went with Little Raksha to the right and Grey stayed where he was so I went left.

I crouched when I was in position with Akela in front of me and Grey to my right facing Little Raksha on my left.

There was a jet that started to open and familiar scents hit my nose.

Pietro stepped out and looked around. He didn't see us until Grey stepped out of his place, but his tail was held high telling us to stay put.

"Grey?"
.
.
.
PIETRO POV
.
.
.
"Grey?" I asked seeing the large wolf breach the forest line.

We could hear waterfalls in nearby and Grey had his tail raised in a dominant way.

He watched us for a moment before slowly walking forward.

Everyone behind me was tense but I was relaxed, but watched with caution.

He slowly made his way over to us being cautious as well. He leaned down and sniffed my shoulder before he dropped his tail and barked.

The bushes rustled and Little Raksha, Baloo, and Akela came into the clearing, but no Raksha.

Akela howled loudly and Grey picked me up and put me on his back before grabbing Wanda and doing the same.

Akela grabbed Natasha and Clint, Little Raksha grabbed Tony, while Baloo grabbed Bruce since Little Raksha was seemingly to lean to carry Tony and Bruce.

"Hang on," I told them all in warning.

I felt Wanda wrap her arms around my waist and Grey took off followed by the other three.

After a few minutes of running, they slowed down and walked through an arch in the rock that had ivy concealing it and Baloo barked.

Raksha appeared on a rock ledge well over our heads, leaving a large den behind it.

I slid off Grey, "Raksha!" I called as she moved down to the ground.

I ran over to her and hugged her.

She chuffed gently and hugged me back with her head.