History-Bucky's New Pet

Warning! This is a bit graphic.

It was all going perfectly. All of the subjects were giving birth on time, but only a select few of the offspring would live.

A man entered one of the labs, one holding a cat with four kittens nuzzling into her belly.

The gray queen flattened her ears and hissed as soon as he'd entered the room, she knew what was going to happen.

The man ignored her warnings, reaching his hand into the small cage she was kept in.

She retaliated, swiping a paw across the back of his hand. Leaving three scratches that started to bubble with blood.

He recoiled with a small hiss before giving the queen a harsh glare.

A growl built up deep in her throat as he reached for her this time.

His fingers dug into her scruff as he picked her up, causing the kittens to fall from her belly, before throwing her across the room.

She hit the wall with a thud, before falling to the floor. She stayed down, no longer concious.

The man turned back to the kittens, two were pure grey, one was grey with white splotches, and the other was white. He grabbed all four of them in his two hands and left the room, the queen was still in a heap on the floor.

Others in the hallway made sure to steer clear of the man with the kittens, they knew better than to mess with them.

A door opened as the man approached the main labs, putting the kittens on the table.

Much to the pleasure of the scientists, who seemed to swarm the table to look them over.

The quadruplets wailed as their cold equipment roamed over their little bodies, the scientists appeared satisfied with their findings.

"They are perfectly healthy, we will wait a few days to begin. They need a bit of strength if they are to survive," the head scientist concluded with a nod of his head.

The man who'd snatched them picked them back up and returned them to the cage their mother was back in.

She growled loudly with her ears pinned back as he neared her cage.

He didn't seem to care as he tossed the kittens inside carelessly.

The mother eagerly grabbed her kittens and curled back up in a back corner, hoping it would save her little ones.
.
.
.
Three days passed by quickly, too quickly.

The man came in the room for the first time in three days, holding a food bowl, he had the queen's attention. He put the food bowl on the floor and opened the cage, the queen jumped out of the cage for the food.

The man snatched the four kittens before leaving the room, heading back to the labs.

The scientists were waiting for him, taking the kittens as soon as he entered. They looked over each kitten as they had previously, satisfied with the little growth they had.

"Perfect," the head scientist muttered as he took two of the kittens and put them on his table, the second best scientist took the other two.

A few younger scientists had clipboards and stood around one of the two tables, taking notes as the kittens were poked and prodded.
.
.
.
Once the scientists were done for the day, the man had returned to take them back to their mother.

She was in her cage, tail lashing as her eyes darted back and forth.

He opened the cage, tossed the kittens in, and left the room.

The queen growled at the kittens as they blindly wandered back to her. She raised a paw, claws unsheathed, before batting the white one in the head, leaving two scratches.

The kitten wailed loudly, causing the queen's pupils to dilate before she pounced.
.
.
.
The man walked into the room the next day to find two kittens, and the queen.

The queen had blood around her muzzle that she was wiping off with her paw.

The man opened the cage, taking the two remaining kittens, and closed the cage. He brought the two to the lab, dropped them off and left.

The scientists were very displeased to have lost two subjects before they could analyze the effects of the injections, but soon got over it.

The other two would suffice.

The scientists, once more, poked and prodded the kittens.

The head scientist recieved the grey one with a white mark on her face, the other got the remaining grey male. He didn't last the day.

The female however, was barely hanging on, having been injected with an experimental decay enhancer for medical purposes.

Her front leg's fur was quickly shedding off, revealing a black, necrotic limb beneath it.

The two scientists were gathered around with their apprentices to watch the kitten's struggle.

She wailed as they removed the limb, they were pleased with the lack of blood flow.

The man entered the lab once again, he was forced to take the kitten. To say he was displeased was an understatement.

He continued to mutter while he drove to his home, "I have to bury the other one in my backyard, is that not enough? Now I have to take care of this thing," he continued to grumble on and on about the burden of cats.

His neighbor was in her front yard, watering her garden when he pulled up.

She waved as he got out of his car, grabbing the grocery bag with the two dead cats before he grabbed the live kitten by her scruff.

The woman's waving slowed to a stop when she saw the kitten. She waited until he went inside to enter her own home to call 911.
.
.
.
Almost a week later, after everything was said and done, a blonde man entered the shelter.

"Oh, are you interested in her?"