37

Angel

I watched as Steph had a mental breakdown right in front of my eyes.

"No! NO!" She screamed as we held her back from trying to go through the double doors.

"LET ME GO!" She cried. Everytime one of her arms got out of one of our grips, someone caught it. She quickly became frustrated.

"Ma'am calm down..." The doctor tried to soothe her. "Steph, Steph chill!" Dave yelled, crying.

"I WANT JACEYON! I WANT HIM!" She cried as she continued to restrain. "GO GET HIM! BRING HIM BACK!" She was hysterical. It broke my heart pieces to see her like this. I could only imagine how she was feeling...

"Stephanie, calm down!" I gripped onto her.

"I WANT JACEYON! GET OFF OF ME!" She screamed as she began to fight. "YO STEPH CHILL!" She slapped Dave. He quickly pulled her into his embrace, squeezing her tight.

They slowly made their way down to the floor.

"GOD IM SORRY... IM SORRY! PLEASE LET HIM COME BACK... I DIDN'T MEAN IT... I DIDN'T MEAN IT!" Her voice started to become horse due to all the screaming she was doing.

I got down on the floor with them and held onto her. She grew weak and melted in our arms.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean it..." She whispered as she cried. Tears rolled down my face.

"It's okay.. I know, I know..." I whispered to her. "I didn't mean it..." I rubbed her head as she laid on my chest.

Jd

I opened my eyes. I looked around the operating room seeing that I was the only one in there.

I got off the table and stood up. I looked down and saw that I was in a hospital gown. I touched my side feeling where I was once shot.

The wound was no longer there.

I looked down at the table seeing my bloody, lifeless body hooked up to machines. I began to cry, getting scared.

Am I dead?

"Jaceyon..." I lifted my head up. I know that voice anywhere...

"Mommy?" I turned around seeing a young, beautiful brown skinned woman standing at the door. She was wearing a long, white dress.

I walked over to her a wrapped my arms around her. She rubbed my back. "Heyyy my big handsome man... No need to be scared. I'm right here..." She kissed my forehead.

"Come on. Come with mama." She grabbed my hand. She lead me towards the door and opened it.

As soon as she did, a bright light shined through. It was so bright, that I shielded my face and closed my eyes.

We walked towards it.

I opened my eyes again. The scenery was different. We were on a beach.

The sun from the sunset made the sky orange and blue, with hues of purple in it.

I looked around, hearing the waves crash onto one another. We were the only ones there.

There was a white bench sitting in the middle of the shore. "Come on, sit." My mother pulled me to the bench. We sat down.

She looked out into the sky. I felt the cool water run under my feet as it washed up on the shore.

I looked at my hands. "Am I dead?" "Yes son. You are."

"Then where are we Mom?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled. "Well, we're in between."

"What's that?" I scrunched my face up.