33

Stephanie

I sat there with tears in my eyes telling Angel what happened last week.

1 week ago...

"Jd, I want you to be happy." I told him as tears rolled down my face.

"What do you mean by that? I am happy... I'm very happy." He grabbed my hand.

"I don't want to be the one getting in your way of being a father, because you really deserve that. So I give you permission to have children with someone else..." I looked at him. He looked genuinely confused.

"What?? Stephanie, you're the one who I'm going to have kids with... Steph where is all this coming from?"

I sighed. "Jaceyon, I have something to tell you..." I looked down and played with my hands.

"I'm all ears baby..." He kissing my cheek. "Wassup? What is it?"

Okay... Here it goes.

"I can't get pregnant." I stared at him. "W-what?" He asked.

"I can't get preg- I can't conceive..." I whispered. "Why- why didn't you tell me this earlier?" He asked softly.

"I didn't know how... I didn't want you to be angry with me. I've been noticing how you've been trying to get me pregnant. I saw how excited you were about finally finding the right person to finally start a family with and I just-" I stopped and sighed.

"So you sold me a dream?" I felt my heart ache. I looked up at him.

"No, I-" He cut me off. "You sold me a dream!" He raised his voice.

"Why you hiding all of this shit from me?! First it was your parents, then that Glenn nigga, now you telling me that you can't get pregnant?!" He yelled.

"Jaceyon pleas-" I grabbed his hand.

"NO JACEYON NOTHING!" He snatched away from me. "You hid all this shit from me! What else you hiding from me? Hmm?" He threw his arms up in the air.

"Nothing babe..." I whimpered.

"Listen don't think I'm mad about you not being able to have kids because that's not your fault and it's various things we can do to get around that. I'm mad because you kept all this shit hidden from me! You know everything about me! Literally everything! And I told you shit before we started dating because I TRUSTED you and I felt like you needed to know! So now how do you think I'm supposed to feel when you come and tell me more and more shit that you kept hidden?"

I just dropped my head. He was right. Everything he was saying was right... I shouldn't have kept those things from him for so long.

"I'm sorry..." My voice cracked.

He chuckled and stood up.

I looked up. "Jaceyon... Jaceyon." He picked up his keys off the coffee table and slammed the front door shut, walking out of it.

I put my head down into my lap and cried until I fell asleep.

***

I laid in bed after a long day of work.

I hugged Jaceyon's pillow that still had his scent in it. I listened to the terrifying silence that rang all throughout the huge house.

Its been 4 days since me and Jd had the conversation about me not being able to conceive. I haven't talked to him at all since. I lay here every night just praying he walks through that door saying 'Hey mama! I missed you.' like he did every night before we had that conversation.