28

Angel

Today is the day of David's grand opening and I couldn't be more proud of him. I can't believe he's actually starting his own LEGAL business and letting go of his old life.

The ribbon cutting was at 5pm. It was now 4:30pm. I didn't want to miss this.

I grabbed Dave's gift off the dresser. Before I ran out of the house, I examined myself in the mirror.

[S/N: I tried my best to make her look pregnant 😭]

Yeah that's as good as I'll get.

I ran out the house, locked up, and hopped in my car.

***

I pulled up to the gym and it was a million people standing outside of the door. I mean I know David knew a lot of people, but damn... Even the radio stations and news crew were here.

I parked and got out.

Walking up to the door, I spotted Stephanie.

"Best friend!" I said running up to her.

"Hey! Ooh you look gorgeous..." She said smiling at me. "Thank you! So do you!" I said back to her.

As we were catching up, Jd walked up.

"Wassup sis!" He said, side hugging me. "Hey Jd! Where the hell your friend at?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"He should be here any minute now because it's almost time for the ribbon cutting." He said to me. He looked up and noticed Stephanie.

"Hey Stephanie... How are you?" He asked.
"Good." She said as she examined her freshly manicured hand.

"You look great." He said softly. "I know." She looked to the left of her. I scrunched my face up and looked between the both of them.

The fuck?

They're never like this. I mean Steph is always mean to him, but she's never this stand off-ish.

"Um sis, I'm going to catch up with you later." He said walking away. "Okay..." I said sadly.

I slapped Steph on her shoulder. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I whisper yelled.

"Ow! Nothing!" She yelled. "Well why are you treating him like that?!" She looked away from me.

"Steph!" I turned her face towards me. "I don't want to talk about it right now, okay?!"