Chapter 17

As they entered the building, Forest had a sense of dejavu. The entrance floor seemed familiar, then something in his brain clicked. He was in the same building he was during the last snow festival, when he met Melody. The first floor looked the same, warm with multiple seating areas, but the second floor on the other hand, had transformed.

    Melody had shooed them all towards the bathrooms on the first floor. As they stood outside of the bathrooms, Melody shouldered the bag onto the floor and began to dig around in it. After a moment she pulled out a pile of black clothing, she then handed one to Forest, Wyatt and Jack.

    When none of them moved she put her hands on her hips and stared at them. "Come on, go!" after a moment of realization, the three headed into the bathroom to get changed.

    Melody rolled her eyes, then picked up the backpack and entered the girls bathroom with Julianne.

    Forest was the first to finish changing, so he stood in front of the bathroom mirrors and looked at his reflection. His tux was simple, consisting of a black jacket and pants, a white button up dress shirt, plum purple tie, and a matching boutonniere.
He was hesitant and nervous about the entire thing.

   Jack emerged from the bathroom stall next, sporting a similar look, except with a periwinkle blue tie and boutonniere. Wyatt on the other hand emerged with his red tie tangled in a knot.

    Jack looked at his younger brother and sighed. "I'll tie that for you." He stood over Wyatt and untangled the tie, and then he swiftly tied it again. Once Jack finished, he stood off to the side and revealed a smiling Wyatt. He also wore a black jacket and pants with a red tie and boutonniere.

    The three exited the bathroom at the same time the girls exited, both had their arms full with waded clothing. Forest stopped in his tracks and admired Melody. She wore a long plum purple off shoulder dress. The quarter sleeves were mostly made up of flowers, a black bow was tied in front and it hung nicely on her waist. There was slight  flower detailing on the top of the dress and it ran down a little past the ribbon.

    Julianne stood next to her, wearing a long periwinkle dress. There were no sleeves and a cluster of flowers were placed on her shoulder and ran down to the neckline of the dress. There was another cluster of flowers around her waist.

    While Forest stared in awe, Melody didn't waste any time as she dug through the backpack and handed out masks. Forest looked down at his, it was plum purple and had tiny detailed flowers carved into it. Wyatt and Jack had similar ones, except theirs were red and periwinkle blue. Julianne's mask was periwinkle blue and had a large flower on the side of it, it also had swirly detailing in white and varying shades of blue. Melody's mask was black, and like lace. It too had swirly detailing and went upwards more on one side than the other. Two small plum purple flowers were attached to the upward side, along with a few jewels. 

    Melody began stuffing all their regular clothing back into the backpack, when she was done she looked up at everyone and then nodded. "Alright, let's head upstairs." With a sigh, the backpack was back on her shoulders. The group turned and began to make their way towards the stairs across from them.

    Julianne looked over at Melody. "These clothes are gorgeous, thank you."

    Melody smiled. "It was no problem, honestly."

    "I like how they are color coordinated."

    Melody nodded. The stairs made a soft noise, from the weight of their feet. Once they were in front of the entrance to the second floor room, Melody ran in front of the group making them all come to a sudden stop. "Wait, we all need to be in our pairings," She then craned her neck and looked at Wyatt. "Sorry Wyatt, you're on your own."