Chapter 32

Julianne quickly dodged the attack from the black clothed figure before her. Rocks slid beneath her shoes and made a loud crunch noise as her feet slid on the pavement.

The empty city streets echoed with the sound of fighting. Light shone down on them from the moon, as the street itself was quite dingy and dark. 

    Julianne cast a quick glance over at Jack, who also slid back from the force of the Silver Blade's weapon pushing against his own. Sweat dripped down the side of his face.

    She took a step back from the Silver Blade she was fighting and she swung her whip and it wrapped around the member's legs. Julianne  then gritted her teeth and flung the member into the other member Jack was fighting. The two crashed into the side of a building. Julianne loosened her grip, panting, then muttered, "No I don't need your help!"

    Jack glared at the two for a moment before he turned and grabbed Julianne's wrist. "Come on, before they get up."

    Julianne nodded in agreement and let Jack pull her down the back alley they were hiding out in. It wasn't the coziest or most hygenic of places, but it was better than nothing. Especially since they weren't found until now.

    They ran, not really knowing where to go. They wanted to stay in the city, even if they were being hunted. Jack was determined to find his younger brother, Wyatt. They were seperated when the Silver Blades attacked Proelia. Julianne, too, wanted to reunite with her friends. Although she wasn't sure if they were going to find them in the city. Jack, on the other hand, was convinced otherwise.

    They skidded to a stop before the backside of a brick building. At some point the two Silver Blades begun to chase after them and they found themselves at a dead end.

    They turned, Jack still grasped her wrist and watched in fear as the Silver Blades moved closer. Jack observed their surroundings in an effort to formulate an escape plan in seconds.

    The members slowed to a stop before the two, when Jack reached over and grabbed Julianne's whip. He was about to swing it and make it wrap around one of the fire escapes on one of the buildings off to the side.

    One of the Silver Blades shook their head. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." They then nodded somewhere above their heads.

    The two followed the nod and watched as more Silver Blades slid down ropes from the top of the building behind them. More Silver Blades joined the two members before them and more emerged from the shadows of the alley, they were surrounded.

    Julianne clenched her teeth in frustration, but she remained calm as Jack eyed them and lowered her whip.

    "What do you want?" Jack spat.

    The Silver Blade before them smirked and looked at all of the other members.

    Julianne muttered, "I know it looks bad. No not right now, I want to see how this plays out."

    The Silver Blade glared at her."What are you whispering?"

    Julianne looked up. "Oh, um, I wasn't saying anything. You must be hearing things."

    The member rolled his eyes. "Shut up!" Then he nodded to the members behind them.

    The Silver Blades grabbed Jack and Julianne's wrists and bound them together behind their backs.

    Julianne looked over at Jack and smirked. "Looks like we're not staying in the city afterall."

    Jack didn't reply, as they were blindfolded after that.

The terrain had shifted from grass to dirt. Julianne's feet shuffled on the dirt ground as they walked. She didn't know how long they had been walking, it felt like forever and her feet were starting to ache. Her back also burned, as throughout their journey, the Silver Blades had rudely shoved her.

Although she couldn't see, she knew exactly where she was. "Shush, not yet," She muttered.

They were outside of the Silver Blade's warehouse now. "Now!" She whisper yelled.

Lovette jumped from out of the woods and pounced on the Silver Blade that was nearest Julianne. She quickly freed herself then moved onto Jack as Lovette took care of the Silver Blades.

Julianne heard people climbing up the stairs of the warehouse. "We have no time! We have to go, now!" Lovette backed off of the Silver Blade she had left with multiple bloody wounds. She then leaped into the woods that were behind the warehouse.

Julianne ran and followed her, along with Jack. Her heavy breathing pounded in her ears, and worry filled her mind.

Soon, the trees then opened up to a large field. She felt relieved, they had gotten away. She waved her arms and shouted, hoping someone would notice and help them.