🌌6🚀🌘🛸

There was a knock on the door, and then it opened slightly. "I'm back, bestie", Josh's voice said.

Tyler turned around, wiping his tears away. "You-you really came back?" He asked. Josh nodded. "Of course I did, Ty. I told you I would", he said. He walked to the bed and put down the bag he was carrying. He sat down on the edge, Tyler laying in the middle of the bed, and he gently wiped some of Tyler's tears away. "Why the tears, Ty?" He asked softly.

"I didn't think you'd return", Tyler softly said. "I feel lonely", he then whispered. He wasn't planning on telling Josh that but he couldn't tell him nothing. He had to tell him at least something and it was that.

Josh sighed softly as he looked at his best friend. He wanted to caress his hair back, but he didn't, turning back to his bag.

"I quickly went to the night shop and got us some stuff", he said, putting it on the bed. Tyler sat up a little bit. "Salted popcorn, drinks, some gummy frogs and cherries", Josh said as he got it all out of the bag.

"My favorites", Tyler softly said, looking at the stuff Josh had gotten. "Yeah", Josh replied. "Wanted to get your favorites for you", he said. In any other situation, if Tyler wasn't still feeling so dreadful, he'd smile.

"C'mon lets watch the movie", Josh said, getting on the bed. Tyler shuffled to the right and lay on his left side, so Josh would have some more space on the bed. Josh lay down on his right side and put the snacks and drinks in between them.

He opened a bottle of ice tea and passed it to Tyler, 'cause he had a feeling that Tyler wasn't gonna touch anything of the stuff otherwise. He already felt bad enough that Josh had to spend money on him.

"Here, take a sip", Josh said. Tyler bit his lip, but sat up and took a sip from the bottle. He quickly took a bigger sip after that, causing Josh to smile. "How's that?" He asked. "R-really good", he nodded with a soft blush.

Josh smiled. "That's good", he said. "Which one d'you want to open first?" He asked, holding up the two bags. "You-you choose", Tyler said. "Nah, I always choose. Your turn", he said.

For the longest time, Tyler didn't know and didn't choose, but then he finally pointed at the frogs. "Frogs?" Josh asked for confirmation. Tyler nodded. "Good choice, bestie", Josh said. Tyler blushed. Josh opened the bag and took a frog out. He popped it in his own mouth, before passing Tyler one.

"Y'know..." he trailed after swallowing the green and white candy. "We can also just... open them both", he said, opening the bag of cherry candy.

Josh could see Tyler's lips curl upwards just slightly. It made Josh smile. "Both is the best, right?" He said. Tyler nodded, hiding his ever-so-slight smile behind his hand.

Josh brought his hand up to Tyler's wrist, wrapped his fingers around it loosely, and pulled his hand away from his mouth.

"Don't do that", Josh softly said. "What?" Tyler asked softly, eyes darting from Josh's left to his right eye and back to his left.

"Don't hide your smile. It makes my world so much better to see you smile, Ty", Josh said.

Tyler didn't reply, his bottom lip quivering a bit. His eyes were then getting watery and Tyler looked away. "Sorry, sorry", he apologized. "No no, don't apologize, Ty. It's okay", Josh assured him. "Lets just have a cherry and watch the movie, alright?" He offered. Tyler nodded as he wiped his eyes.

"We have to sing along though!" Josh said as he pressed play. Tyler let out a soft whine. "You can sing", he sighed.

"Nuh-uh, I can't watch this movie without my bestie signing along with me", Josh said.

Tyler grabbed the remote and wanted to press the 'off' button.

"No no no! What are you doing?" Josh asked, stopping Tyler from turning the tv off. "You said you couldn't watch it then so we might as well turn it off", Tyler said softly.

"No no we're gonna watch it and we're gonna sing it together", Josh said, taking the remote from Tyler and putting it aside so Tyler couldn't reach it. "I don't wanna", tyler softly said. "We're gonna", Josh replied. Tyler huffed.

"C'mon!" Josh said before he sang along. "A long ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo, there lived a humble family, religious through and through", he sang.
"But, yeah, there was a black sheep and he knew just what to do..." he continued. Tyler sighed, sitting up.

"His name was young J.B. and he refused to step in-line", he softly muttered. "Yay!" Josh cheered, clapping his hands excitedly as they sang the next part together.

"A vision he did see of fuckin' rockin' all the time. He wrote a tasty jam and all the planets did align", they sang.

Tyler let out a soft laugh, and that was all that Josh had ever wanted for that night. He wanted to see and hear Tyler smile and laugh.

"There's my boy", Josh smiled widely. Tyler raised an eyebrow, blushing. "Your... boy?" He asked. "Yeah! My boy, my bestie, y'know", Josh smiled.

"Oh.. yeah", Tyler softly replied, feeling the disappointment wash over him.

No. Not again. Fuck off. Focus on Josh. On how he's trying to make you smile. Don't let that disappointing, sad mood take over for the thousandth time that day. Don't do it. Focus on your best friend.

Tyler's smile returned slightly, and then a bit more.

"Y'know, I... I guess it's gonna sound cheesy and well, it is cheesy, but... thank you", Tyler then said softly. "For letting me be that, and... y'know, for caring so much about me while I'm being so stupid. I'm not telling you anything yet you still care about me and don't care about me not telling you. That means a lot to me 'cause there's no one else", he said, and Josh had already paused the movie right when he started to talk.

"There are other friends but you're my only bestie I have, and I don't wanna... don't ever wanna lose that, y'know. So yeah", Tyler shrugged. "Let me be stuck with you forever okay? 'Cause I wouldn't want it any other way". Tyler said, looking up at his bestie.

Josh smiled. "You'll always be stuck with me, Ty. No matter what happens, you're stuck with me forever. We're going to the same college together, that's faith right there", Josh said. Tyler smiled softly, then biting his lip.

Josh didn't know if Tyler meant the same, but he decided to just do it anyways. He wrapped his arms around Tyler's neck and hugged him tightly.

Tyler's breath hitched softly, and he hooked his arms underneath Josh's, resting his hands on Josh's shoulders. He buried his face in Josh's neck and held him for as long as he could, before wrapping his arms around his waist now and extending the duration of the hug. Josh let out a soft laugh as he nuzzled his nose in Tyler's hair.

And just this once, Tyler pretended that Josh pressed a kiss on his head instead.

Just this once.

//

Uh I love ty and Josh ok I miss them I love them

What did you think of this chapter? Let me know! Excited for the next one and the one after. Sad that this won't be a long fic but hey I gotta make choices in life! Haha

I love you guys so much and I hope you guys enjoy this short pride fic as much as I do 🖤🏳️‍🌈