First "I Love You"s

Ian: The first time that you told Ian that you loved him was as in the moment as they come. It came at the end of your first date. I know, you know, but you had had a crush on the man for 9 years and the feelings hadn't faded. It wasn't a crush by the time you went out, it was love. And it was eating at you because you didn't know he felt the same way. He woke you up by lightly shaking you and telling you to get ready for work and that he would give you a ride since he was already at your house from baking and sleeping over.  When you came out of the shower, you were greeted with the smell of bacon and eggs. Your reaction to this was to speed through getting dressed and combing your hair and deciding to postpone doing your makeup. You practically ran to your kitchen and grew wide-eyed as you saw the beautiful feast that Ian had prepared for you. 

"Oh my god Ian you're amazing, I love you." It took you a moment to realize what you had just said but once you did your eyes grew wide as for a different reason. 

"What?" Ian had a massive grin on his face but a hint of a confused twitch.

You couldn't take it back and the more you thought about it, you didn't want to. "I said I love you."

"I love you too." His voice was barely audible as he laughed in relief and before you knew what was happening connected his lips to yours, softly holding your face. It was bliss. 

Anthony: You had been dating for six months and were hanging out at a local park when you finally told each other that you loved each other. You had both known it for some time but had never had the guts to tell each other since you were both young and awkward. He was sitting against a brick wall while you laid on your back with your head in his lap. He was playing with your hair and seemed to be zoning out until he stopped and just stared at you smiling.

You giggled lightly at his behavior, "what?"

"I've never told you that I love you." It was somewhat matter-of-fact but more confused as to why he hadn't before but regardless it made your smile grow even bigger as you bit your lip.

"I love you too." You stared back at him with you (e/c) eyes wide as you saw him come down to connect his lips to yours.  

Shayne: I'm not going to sugar coat it, your first "I love you" was told after the first time you banged. Your neck and collarbone had bite marks, your legs were sore, and you were out of breath. You were both laying on your back and trying hard to catch your breath with wide smiles across both of your faces. Once he caught his breath, he turned onto his side wincing slightly as his back was torn to shreds but it didn't change his smile at all. He looked you up and down and bit his lip, that was when he said it.

"I love you." The words felt so right in his tired but somewhat relieved voice. It was as if he had been dying to allow the words to finally escape his lips and as he did the walls that were so tight around him disappeared and it was just us. Just his smiling at me as if I was the reason he breathed the very air that had escaped me. 

"I love you too." He smiled even wider, something you didn't know was possible and pulled you closer to him pressing his lips your forehead.  Bliss. 

Courtney: It was the end of another movie night for you and you had just finished rewatching Guardians of the Galaxy. Popcorn was strewn across the floor and blankets were thrashed about as you had played tag somewhere in the middle and (I'm not going to sugar coat) made out through most of the ending. Now you were laying on her stomach and your faces were inches apart. 

"You're so beautiful." You said studying her features as if they were the most interestingly alluring features in the world. Which, she was. You loved her and felt the opportunity to tell her coming closer as the walls tightened like the world would explode if you didn't tell her. "I love you."