Chapter Ninety-Five: Step Out of the Sun If You Think It Burns

Sean: Where do you get off posting stuff that like on Facebook, Joaqz? Aren't you thinking? My God, Joaquin!

Joaquin: Dude, can you please chill for a bit muna?

Sean: Chill? You want me to be chill? How can you keep chill ha?

Joaquin: Keep it down, Dude. We're in a museum. di ba? The people outside might hear you.

Sean: We've gone way past that, Joaquin. What? Are you just going to stand there with that smirk on your face and look at me like that?

Joaquin: It worked naman, di ba Dude?

Sean: What do you mean it worked?

Joaquin: You looked for me. You went out of your way to find me.

_ _ _

*So, if you're still with me on this, it's not going so well. I have to cut that there muna because I wanna recall how I had to walk alll the way to this other building. The place that is the National Museum of Fine Art.*

Sean: Ah okay po. So lalabas pa uli ako, Ate?

Lady Guard at the Museum: Oo sir, baba po ulo kayo tapos kaliwa diyan. Makikita niyo agad yung Old Senate Building. 'Yon po yung sa Fine Arts.

Sean: Sige po. Thanks so much, Ate!

I turn around and take a deep breath.

*Is this like a sign that I should not be here? Like sana hindi na lang ako pumunta? Sana hindi na lang ako nag-cut ng Tuesday class ko for this?*

Phone vibrates.

Aunt Agatha Calling.

*Why is she calling? I hope it's not an emergency.*

I swipe to take a call.

Sean (on the line): Auntie?

Aunt Agatha (on the line): Sean, are you still at school?

*Wait! Am I going to lie? Like magsisinungaling ba ako na wala ako sa school now because of this cat and mouse game that Joaquin is playing? Think ot a safe answer, quick!*

Sean (on the line): I'm off campus for a—uh research assignment, Auntie. Why?

Aunt Agatha (on the line): So, you don't know about the bomb threat at the Loyola Heights campus?

Sean (on the line): Bomb threat!?!

My voice just went up a few notches after ko marinig yung sinabi ni Aunt Agatha, alarming some of the people who heard me in the lobby.

Lady Guard at the Lobby: Sir, may problema po ba?

*Damn it! Baka isipin ng mga tao rito I'm a terrorist! Can you like go to jail for saying the word "bomb" in a museum? Or sa airplane lang 'yon?*

Sean (on the line): Could you hold for a bit, Auntie.

Aunt Agatha (on the line): Sure.

Sean (to the Lady Guard): Ate, sorry. Uhm, I had to take a call and hinahanap kasi ako ng Auntie ko at may bomb threat daw po sa Ateneo. Hinahanap po kasi niya ako.

Lady Guard at the Museum: Ah sige po, sir. Hinaan na lang po natin ang boses natin. Baka mag-panic yung mga tao dito sa lobby.

Sean (to the Lady Guard): Paciencia na po talaga, Ate.

She goes back to her post.

Sean (on the line): Hello, Auntie, still there?

Aunt Agatha (on the line): Yes, Sean. I'm still here.