Wait Lang, Pinapa-Pogi Ko Pa Si Joaquin

Author's Note 2-21-18

It's my birthday today. More like less than one hour left before it ends pa nga. And as I make my way back home after quite an interesting day, I feel like I owe you guys an explanation as for the delays since you've been with me all this time.

First, my Mom had to fly back to The States because of her US Citizenship. Medyo out of the blue na she suddenly tells us na she has to stop and leave her practice here again... But that's my Mother being herself na. Kaya we had to get some legal matters settled among other things.

Second, we had a few guests fly in from Bangkok and that took one entire weekend away entertaining them.

Third, Valentines, Ash Wednesday, and the Lunar New Year happened —really busy week. Then  there's that show I'm designing for that had deadlines. Bawal nga lang i-reveal. Eheheheh.

Fourth and probably the most important, I actually have not stopped writing pero the process has been tough to manage after the last chapter. What I usually do is have three to four chapters ready for editing before I post an update. In the case of Chapter 88, there are three versions of this chapter already written. However here's my problem: As a trained writer —opo may kaunting training po akong na-receive before (for yabang purposes: two semesters of creative writing courses, one semester of writing for the theater, one semester of play development, and two semesters of writing for the cinema), I SUDDENLY FELT NA HINDI KO NA KILALA ANG MAJOR CHARACTER KO.

Joaquin's side of this story requires a great deal of care and I really have to err on the side of caution so as not break him unnecessarily. Paano ko ba siya i-explain? It's kind of tough pero these lyrics describe his situation in my mind, "The courage of the dreamer, the innocence of youth, the failures and the foolishness that lead us to the truth" —I know that he makes sense in my head pero I have to have him make sense sa mga words that should not betray his character.

I know my teachers will probably frown upon me admiting to this, pero the reason why Sean's and Jake's characters are fleshed out easily into the chapters is because they are the most developed —and Jake, the real Jake, the guy who the character was based on, was so easy to put to words.

Maybe that's also the reason why Jake's chapters have been extended is because hindi ko pa kayang i-expose yung mga chinks sa armor ni Joaquin. From the start naman, Joaquin has been what one considers "sexily damaged" so I want to give his character justice the same way the real person Joaquin was based on deserved all the happiness in the world. It all depends on the writing now. Since I said before na around 2016 nag-start ang The Coño Boy that evolved from a 5 part story to 88 chapters plus, so I'm trying to review what I was thinking, feeling, the way I saw the world, and life back in 2016 when I started writing this before I continue.

So, with that being said, I'll get back to writing after tonight. I just need to rest.

Much Obliged, and Hope you guys understand.