Chapter Fifty Two

Start from the beginning

"Dick move," Dion mumbles beside me, shoving me on my arm. I had snuck up behind his character and sliced his neck in the game.

I chuckle softly tossing the controller onto the couch, "that's what happens when you want to go against me, rather than be on the same team."

I pull my phone out of my jeans and ignore all the messages I have, only replying back to my girlfriend. She was currently in the city right now at her family's house and I didn't like that, I didn't like her being so far away from me, especially in territory I couldn't protect her in.

Dion chuckles softly, "whatever man, what time are you going for Fonz?"

I shake my head, shoving my phone back into my pants. "I'm not, he's picking me up here right after dinner. Pops still wants to talk to him about a few things."

Dion turns to look at me, "do you think he's ready?"

I shrug the right side of my shoulder, "I don't think he would've moved back if he wasn't."

Alfonzo lost his dad a couple years back, he too worked for my father as well. His dad unfortunately got caught in a crossfire and it hit Fonzy and his mom pretty hard. Fonz's is an only child, therefore he was everything his mom had left, and she couldn't bear the thought of losing her son the same way she had lost her husband, and they moved away.

Although pops understood and sympathized why Fonz had to leave, he didn't take that shit too lightly. My dad had a small list of men that he values greatly, he holds them at the top meaning he practically trusted those men with his life, Fonz and his dad being a few of them, along with Dion's and Ang's dad.

When Fonz's father passed away Fonz took over his team for about three month, and boy did he know how to run his crew, it took pops nearly four months to fill Alfonzo's spot. I knew deep down pops still trusted Fonz's, he just going to make him work for it, he wasn't going to get off so easy.

Dion's little sister comes running down the stairs, a wide smile plastered along her face. She runs up behind the couch, hugging her brother from behind, practically choking him, her arms around his neck. "Foods ready."

"Oh yeah," Dion quickly grabs onto his sisters arms pulling her forward until she's falling into his lap, laughing her little butt off. "What did ma make?"

"I don't know!" she giggles as Dion continues to tickle her. "Dion stop!" She cries in between her laughs. "Please!"

Dion chuckles one last time finally letting his sister go and she gets to her feet. We get off of the couch and follow her up the stairs, walking down the hallway towards the dinning area.

Adelina starts to slow down so she's no longer walking in front of us and is actually walking right beside me, behind her brother now. She turns to look up at me, "are you coming to my party next month?"

I smile slinging my arm around her tiny body, pulling her into me, "I wouldn't miss it, kid. You still haven't told me what you wanted for your birthday."

She shrugs her shoulders, "I don't care," she smiles bashfully. "Can you bring Jessica with you? I really like her."

I chuckle softly, "Yeah, I think your mom invited them as well."

"She did?!" Her eyes scream with excitement, and I nod. Adele squeals with excitement and hugs the dear life out of me and runs off into the dining room leaving Dion and I alone.

My mouth instantly started to water up when I realized that we wear having Gnocchi soup, I haven't had gnocchi in a couple years so to say I was excited was a slight understatement. Dion's mother had also made some type of chicken with asparagus, but all I really cared for at the moment was the gnocchi, I think I had about three bowls in total.