IMG 009

"That's good, right?" Sonya asks, her brow raised in a sort of confused curiosity, after I've brought them up to to date on the deal between Jace and me.

Beside her Olivia is drinking happily from her pop. Their hands are intertwined on the table while I'm sitting across from them with a scowl. Neither of them bat an eyelash when I reach across and slap their hands apart. Sonya giggles while Olivia rolls her eyes.

What can I say? Cute shit makes me sick.

"I suppose," I respond with a shrug. "I mean, he isn't messing with me, so it seems, but there's more to this I know it."

"Like what?" Olivia asks before letting out a loud burp. Sonya makes a "nice" comment to which I agree with.

"I don't know. Listen, he talks with someone on the phone, texts them while we're out and I know he has a thing for them because he's...a different person. Looking at him makes me ill."

"Jealous, you mean?" Olivia grins at the glare I send her. The bitch thinks I won't attack her in public? Cause challenge accepted.

Sonya snaps her fingers before the two of us, turning our gazes back to her. Olivia returns to all love struck while I try my best not to hurl.

"If he likes this person, why aren't they going out then? It's not like Jace lacks experience in the dating department," Sonya practically voices my own thoughts.

I shrug while leaning back into my chair. My food has been finished but my stomach is still growling. Olivia's fries look tempting so I steal them to which she shouts at me for but it's too late. They are in my stomach. We're in a food court anyways, she can get more! Technically so could I but that's not the point.

"Maybe they're with someone else and he hasn't gotten over them? Oh, what if they're older...and married?!" Olivia slams her hands against the table, eyes wide while looking at me for a reaction, which I happily give.

"You read too many shitty romance books."

"You're shitty!"

"Takes a shitty person to know a shitty person."

Sonya smiles at our banter, watching on with fascination. She doesn't even seem bothered with us, which is good because we're always like this. If she wants to keep dating Olivia, she better get used to our arguments because they are frequent.

"Ok, maybe it's true that he can't date this person for some dumb reason. However, I don't want to be some side hoe that's nothing more than a replacement. Is he not aware of how great it is to date someone like me? I'm the best catch there is!" I point to myself for emphasis, which only results with Olivia howling with laughter while Sonya pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Oi, it's true!" I hiss, kicking Olivia beneath the table but she has gotten into snorting territory. "Seriously, I'm a great boyfriend."

Olivia is actually wheezing. Well, fuck her too.

"Sonya, did I tell you about the time Olivia ate dog food?"

Sonya's interest is piqued at that, her nose twisting back in disgust while Olivia comes down from her high. She glares at me, cheeks starting to tint with red.

"Mylo!" She calls, trying to kick me beneath the table but her wee little legs can't reach me. I am grinning like the Cheshire cat while she struggles.

"Wasn't that long ago either so think about it the next time you two make out."

Sonya gags.

Yep, I have successfully ruined their relationship. Score!