IMG 014

When Jace agreed to date me I never thought we'd get to the point where I feel like our relationship is normal. Hell, I never thought it'd last more than a week. Maybe I'd get a kiss or a quick jerk off in the car before it ended but now, two months later...

It's so normal it's a little sick. I mean, it feels like we're dating because we are dating. Texting each other, calling one another, going on dates, that's what couples do and that's what we've been doing. There's even been a few bits of kissing thrown in there, which I am the most happy about, lets be honest.

I suppose what is making me think about it like that is the fact that we have been together for this long. The thing with Mackenzie is...kind of cleared up. She still texts and calls a lot, which irks me but I hope that changes after the anniversary passes. She's probably really feeling bad now that August is upon us. However, my mood is a bit more pissy than usual since I haven't seen Jace in four days because our schedules won't match up.

There's been a plethora of wedding's Korey and I have been attending and, sadly, that means a lot are in the evening. Jace is off in the evening and I'm at work, which results in our "not seeing each other for four days" status. I can't help but to feel like I'm the only one that's bothered. Jace always plays it off like it can't be helped. Part of me kind of wants him to complain or whine or say that he misses me and wishes I would call off. At the same time, I rather die than say that out loud or say such things to him so I don't know why I expect him to say it.

Sighing, I glare at the message from Jace that once again claims it's all right that we can't hang out tonight. I have yet another wedding reception to snap some pictures of. Normally that's exciting because free food and we all know wedding food is catered and it's fucking great. However, I rather be making out with Jace so if we could wrap it up quick, that'd be nice!

"What's up, Mylo?" Korey asks from the driver's seat. "You usually love receptions but you keep glaring at your phone. Having boy troubles, are we?"

"Shut it," I hiss while my boss giggles. "Why do so many people get married? What's so great about being tied to a single person for the rest of your life, although, they are likely going to cheat on you at some point then you divorce and, for some reason, get remarried because the first one worked out so well?"

Korey whistles, glancing at me from the corner of her eye before returning to the road. "Wow, you are extra saucy today."

"I'm in a mood." I wave my hand through the air, glaring once more at my phone when it buzzes.

It's Jace again, probably because I didn't answer his text earlier. I know the message is likely innocent, something along the lines of "how's work" or "what's up" and that will make me angrier to read so I'm ignoring it too.

"Clearly." She sounds pleased and it makes me stare at her in confusion. Korey doesn't explain why she is so chipper about it but the fact that she finds amusement in my pain proves why I'm her assistant. We're the only ones who understand each other.

The two of us arrive at the reception shortly afterwards. Korey and I greet the happy bride and groom. We snap some pictures for them as per usual before going about to take more pictures of people simply enjoying themselves. There's obviously a DJ and a dance floor, which we get some good shots of. There is an amazing looking cake that I will be digging into later and so much food that it kind of makes me feel better.

Korey notices and suggests I grab some. Obviously I agree and head on over, more than excited to get me some food. Sadly, the universe is out to get me and has to not only ruin my plans but completely shatter me when I see the one person that I rather not ever see again.

"Mylo."

"Danielle," I hiss upon seeing the blue eyes staring back at me that I sadly share.

My mother is standing before me looking all prim and proper as I remember her to always be. Her red hair that's as thick and chaotic as mine is pulled back into a bun that manages to keep it looking presentable. It's been, what, almost a decade since I've seen her and she hasn't changed a bit. Witchcraft.