IMG 008

"Why me?"

"Because."

"Because why?" Jace flushes when I snap yet another picture of him making the collection come up to over a dozen. I grin and stare down at the shot, finding that the lighting is just perfect. He is annoyingly attractive. I should be proud but probably won't feel that way until I've at least gotten a kiss.

"I wanted to take some portraits today and you're here so why not? Now stop complaining!" I hiss, grabbing Jace to drag him to another location in the park that I have deemed photo worthy.

He is a little hesitant to do as I ask. He stands awkwardly, sits awkwardly and smiles awkwardly, which has me laughing. I continuously have to remind him that it's all in good fun and that he looks really good, insanely good, so much so that I want to punch him for it. At the same time, I'm a little proud. I need to work harder so I can get in his pants.

"Don't you have other people to model for you?" Jace groans after I ask him to try striking a pose other than the tense one he's been giving me.

"Nope."

"You probably haven't even asked anyone!"

"I don't need to when I have you." I hop on over to fix Jace's hair since the wind is blowing it all around. His eyes shut while I ruffle the locks atop his head until I get them to, kind of, do as I wish.

Grinning, I realize this is another good time to test him. "Why don't we take a few shots of you with your shirt off?"

Jace's eyes grow wide.

"I need some new masturbation material."

Jace playfully pushes me back. "No way."

"Fine, I can make do with these." I wave my camera through the air causing Jace to once again bury his face in his hands. It's pretty damn cute and I hate myself for admitting it. "When we're alone then, I'll gets some of those nude photos."

"Never! What if they get leaked on the internet?"

"Like I would let that happen. I'm the jealous type, remember?" I send Jace a wink while he looks ready to drop dead from embarrassment. Yet he still laughs and continues my make shift photo shoot.

I don't know how long we're out taking photos, long enough for the sun to start to set. It's fun. After a while, Jace gets used to it and looks a little more comfortable but he still has trouble looking at the camera. I guess it is harder to be the one in the photo rather than the one taking it. I should know, I hate having my picture taken yet I love taking them.

Jace's phone goes off again, this time he takes it while it front of me, happily chirping, "Abuela!"

And Grandma is all I get out of their conversation because I don't understand the rest. Once they're off the phone Jace tells me he needs to head on home. Dinner is about done and part of me expects him to ask me to tag along but he doesn't. Maybe that hurt a bit but at the same time I doubt he wants to introduce "his boyfriend" to his grandparents.

"I've got work tomorrow but I'll text you, ok?" Jace says, waving goodbye while heading off in the direction of his home. I give a half-assed wave back before returning to my own car, sitting in the driver's side with a feeling of confusion.

Am I still bothered by Jace possibly messing with me? I guess, in a way, sort of? I suppose it's my distaste of not having the upper hand. I don't like being left in the dark or something like that. But so much time has passed that there's no way this is a joke, if it is, then Jace is hella determined. Maybe I'm over thinking things again...probably.

Sighing, I head home while contemplating what my next move should be. It seems Olivia is having an affect because I'm starting to think I need to bring it up. Just be honest with Jace, it won't be hard considering my honesty often comes out even during times when it shouldn't. Next time we hang out I'll ask him why he agreed to date and if he's taking this seriously. If I don't like his answer, we'll end it, never see each other again and go our separate ways, problem solved. It will be quick and easy.