IMG 002

The school day goes by at a surprisingly quick pace, then again, it has been for the last week or so. Being seniors means slacking off and, obviously, I do exactly that. Sleeping through the majority of my classes or chucking wads of paper at fellow classmates to distract them-

"Fuck off, Mylo!" A very angry Gretchen shrieks at me after the second wad of paper gets stuck in the jungle that is her hair. Her face becomes flush when Mr. Haunder shouts at her for her language. I, on the other hand, am left off scotch free, snickering with Olivia a few seats back.

Olivia is making more ammunition and our friends learn very quickly how to duck and dodge effectively when our teacher isn't looking. Ah yes, the last week is a breeze and I'm enjoying every second of it.

However, there is a mixture of joy and dread in the air throughout the course of the day and somehow that equates to it ending in the blink of an eye. Upon thinking that, I realize how quickly life has gone by. One second I remember my father putting me on his shoulders to see over the crowd, the next I'm on the verge of standing on stage with a diploma while looking into the crowd. It's a daunting thought that has me shivering as the bell rings to signal our freedom.

"Good luck," I say to Olivia after I get up, trying to book it out of there before she can back out.

"W-Wait! Mylo, a-are we sure we wanna do this?" Olivia calls after me, running with her short little legs to catch up to me. At least I'm assuming she is by the sound of footsteps behind me and her voice growing louder.

I shrug just before she comes into my peripheral vision. "Why not? If I get to fuck Jace and you get Sonya then it's all-good. If we don't, we move on with our lives."

Olivia rolls her eyes at me. "You make it sound so easy."

"Because it is."

Her expression says she doesn't believe me. Her nose scrunches up in disbelief while she shakes her head before letting out a heavy sigh. "You're hopeless."

I don't get it but whatever. "Go get your princess and I'll see if the prince is feeling horny."

Olivia grunts, punching me swiftly in the side without any remorse. I let out a surprised yelp followed by a few groans while I rub my newly injured side. Olivia quickly leaves and I watch her disappear down the hall and around the corner.

I really do hope things go well for her. It would do her a lot of good to get herself a girlfriend. Get her some of that...V? If I said that she'd hit me.

I, on the other hand, don't really care how things go for me. I make my way to the club room without a care in the world. I do think over the possibility of lying about speaking with Jace but, I have this awful feeling Olivia may try interrogating him. If that happens she'll bug the hell out of me or spew some bullshit to Jace about how I'm "totally in love with him" because apparently the desire to fuck equates to love now. Whatever, she's bat shit crazy.

It doesn't take long to reach the photography club room that has been a part of my life since my freshman year. Though our activities have been over for some time we're having one last meet up to say goodbye to the seniors, obviously I being one of them.

Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic when I hesitate to grasp the handle, thinking of how I'll be stepping into the room full of memories that will soon be only that; memories. No more joking around with under class man, no more plans for club outings, no more taking silly pictures with each other before getting yelled at by Mrs. Yelenik.

Damn it, I'm making myself super fucking depressed. I need to stop this sentimental shit, it's starting to remind me that I have a heart. Ouch, is that it beating? I forgot what it felt like.