Chapter 19

Almost four weeks had passed, the main exterior wall was up and we were safe from the animals. The building for the humans to be housed in had begun, work was moving fast, everyone eager to get things done. The rogues had not found us yet, but I knew that they would. They might be a stupid breed of human but they had enough brain power to figure things out. Trucks moving to one location, it wouldn't be hard to see it and follow one here. Jonah was making preparations to return to mid jump for a meeting with the queen. I watched as the workers put in the rock face, an easy path to our location. But this wasn't for everyone to use, it was only for the vampiric grand council to use. Jonah had been stalking around the place in an odd mood for several days. I knew he was waiting to speak with me about my so called return to Askara'velmanti. Today was the final day, he was going to this meeting within a few hours. I had risen early to start packing my things, thinking it was likely that he would expect it of me. Someone knocked on the metal door of my caravan, even without opening it, I knew it was Jonah. I opened it to see one stressed out soul on my doorstep. He looked at the swell of my stomach and it was like he his pain had grown considerably. I was showing from under my tight shirt, it sat half way over my mound and the pants I wore were stretched to their limit. Any day now the elastic was going to give and I'd end up with them around my ankles.

"Aaliyah can I speak with you privately?"

"Of course."

He stepped into the caravan and sat at the dining table, watching the workers through the lacy curtain. I sat on the seat opposite, wondering what was bothering him.

"I wish to speak with you of the time line of your life and in particular the birth of your child. You will birth the child after three months, is that correct?"

"Give or take a few days or weeks." I shrugged "Three months is a rough estimate for the gestation."

"Of course. My issue is that the help that I have asked for has been delayed, it will be a few days before they arrive. I know I insisted that you return to Askara'velmanti today to sort out your child's future but can I ask for a few more days before you leave?"

I laughed.

"Seriously? You are asking the person who is the runaway if she will stay longer? Yes Jonah, I will stay as long as you like."

He let out a pained laugh, a little humour reaching his eyes.

"How far do you think you are?"

"No more than two months, you've got time."

"You should come with me, I am sure there are things that you need to get and I would be grateful if you could collect more blankets for the others. We do not suffer the cold usually but this weather is becoming unbearable."

"Of course."

When he left I found the loosest clothing I could find to appear presentable for walking around the shops. It wasn't easy, everything had been bought for my svelte frame and now I had a ball in front of me. One large baby wolf was growing fast. The door to mid jump opened to a small room. Jonah closed the door behind us as we ventured out to a corridor, to the left a door, to the right a lift.

"So, when you are done, you can return through this gate, it's a direct passage, don't bother with the other gates, they won't get you there, ok?"

I nodded at him as the lift doors open.

"I will be here for the weekend, returning Monday morning. Will you be ok?"

I nodded at him again. As I turned to the lift I saw Lucian and his parents walk out.

"Your highness." I curtsied and left for the lift quickly.

The lifts opened to a bustling mid jump, the place a frenzy with the summer sales. I wandered up to the section that was aimed at the werewolves, finding the baby store. The sales woman flittered over to me, seeing the swelling belly as a given sale.