Thirty Six| Get it Over With

I rewrote this chapter twice and now I'm annoyed because I still don't like it 🤦🏽‍♀️

The title is actually a sub to myself.

Enjoy tho..

----

Santana

Sitting inside my car, I finally took a deep breath and got out. Raegan beat me to the door, not even giving a bitch the chance to knock. "Mama," Amour peeked around her and ran straight to me, hugging my legs. "Miss you."

"Hey mamas." I reached down and picked her up. "Hey," I flashed a small smile looking at her mother. "Did everything go well today?" Raegan nodded her head while handing over the baby bag. Easton was really trying his best to avoid this happening but Auri was stuck in the library, tutoring. His ass was on a flight right now heading back. So I put on my big girl panties to go get my baby.

"Yeah." Raegan let out a deep breath. "She seems to be gettin' used to me."

"That's good." This time my smile wasn't even forced. "Tell Raegan bye, mamas."

"Bye," Amour threw her arm up and laid her head on my chest.

"So," she spoke as I turned around. "Are y'all back together? Should I get used to this?"

I closed my eyes and said a silent prayer before I turned around. "Even if I'm not with East, Amour is always gonna have a special place in my heart and my life. Period. So yes, get used to me picking her up and dropping her off. Have a good day, luv." Me and my baby made our way to the car. After strapping her in, I headed to my parents' house. My mama cooked collard greens and baked chicken. There was no way I wasn't sliding through to get a plate. "Ma!" I yelled walking through the front door.

"Ma!" Amour yelled, mocking me.

"Girl," I smiled, putting her down. She followed behind me as we made our way into the kitchen. No one responded but I heard music playing. My mama was standing at the stove swaying back and forth with my daddy standing behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist. I knew things between them had gotten better over the months. She was really making an effort to get on the right track with me and my sister, so I guess that effort was also helping their marriage.

"Hey!" Amour yelled, walking up to them and tapping their legs. I hit the speaker, turning the music off as she smiled and waved at them. "Hey."

"Hey cutie." My daddy leaned down and pinched her cheek.

"Hey sweetie." It looked like it was killing my mama not to say anything smart.

"Well I'm here for food. I'll gladly take three plates. I'm not tryna interrupt."

"Three? Who are you tryna feed?" My daddy joked, handing some candy to Amour.

"No. She hasn't eaten. Bring that here, mamas." Amour looked pissed because she already knew I was about to take it away from her. She made her way over to me slowly. I was hoping she didn't run because I really didn't have the energy to chase her. Instead of even giving her the option, I walked up to her and waited for her to hand it over. When I saw her mouth open, I knew she was about to try to stuff it inside. So I took it. "Don't cry." I turned back to my parents. "Two are for me and one is for Megan."

"Two huh?" My mother side-eyed me.

"You raised me. I'm greedy. Don't act surprised." Right on cue, Amour dropped to the floor and started crying. I don't know who taught her that at daycare but it was honestly a pain in my ass. "Amour." I stooped down to her level. "You know better. We're gonna sit here until you get your act together. If you don't stop cryin', I'm gonna eat the candy." Her face balled up quick. I opened my mouth and slowly moved my hand towards it.