Thirty Five| Between the Lines

Easton

The last two weeks didn't even feel real

The last two weeks didn't even feel real. It felt like I was moving on autopilot, especially at the funeral. It was hard for me to even look at my cousin laying in that box. But one thing I did know was that justice was gonna be served. San really helped a nigga get through this shit. She was there for me the entire way and I really didn't take that shit lightly. People that knew me and Jha our entire lives didn't even reach out. She didn't have to do any of what she did but she was always there, riding for a nigga.

I sighed as she got up to use the bathroom. We were chilling in my moms backyard, trying to enjoy our last night here. She wasn't having much fun because Amour had a fever. Every few minutes she kept running inside to check on her. Amour was finally sleep. So now San was relaxed. I had tried to get her to go out. My moms would have looked out for Amour. She would've been in good hands but San just wasn't hearing it. I knew it would do us some good tho. Last couple weeks had been hard on the both of us. We needed a break. Some type of relaxation. A vacation or something.

Taking another sip of my Henny, I looked down at Santana's phone as it started going off. When I saw this Gabe nigga tryna FaceTime, I shook my head. I wasn't even going to answer but of course my common sense wasn't beating out my pettiness.

I smirked as the service finally connected. "What's good bruh?"

He looked a little confused before straightening out his facial expression. "San around?"

"We're out havin' a moment. I'll tell her to hit you later."

Gabe's face balled up before he chuckled. "A moment huh? Don't worry bout it. I'll just call her tomorrow. Enjoy the time you have left, bruh."

At this point I was pissed with myself for even doing that shit because now this nigga had me ready to break his jaw again. I took a deep breath as I watched Santana make her way back over. "I guess I better enjoy the rest of this night, huh?" She picked up her drink and took a big sip. "What's wrong with you?"

"So you've been in contact with this nigga the entire time we have been visitin' my family?" I held her phone up to her face.

"I've been in contact with a lot of people." Santana said, dismissively. "No one told you to answer my damn phone. You should have let it ring. If you go lookin' for something, Easton, you're gonna find it." See, she was pissing me off but that wasn't anything new.

"This ya nigga or what? Is this what you wanted to discuss? You've been laid up with me and now you bout to fuck with this nigga?"

Santana's beautiful face balled up. "It's so hard not to go off on you." She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. "I actually wanted to discuss things and see where ya mind was at. But I see you haven't changed much. So I'm not even gonna try to deal with that shit." She picked up her drink, shrugging.