Twenty Six| Learn the Hard Way

Easton

"She give me head and get a cab. I'll come outside and get a bag. I ain't talkin' bout the dance, when me and Wiz did the dab. I left kids in her mouth, she had your kids and you mad. We got a crib in the South and bought some whips with the cash. I got a stick in my bag, you play I'm unzippin' it fast." My Head bopped up and down at I listened to the East Mix I did to Blocboy's Rover. I had been in the studio for days at this point. After today I was gonna take San and Amour up to Harlem. My moms still wanted to meet her and I knew we needed to spend time together. We hadn't really been able to lately. When she wasn't writing, she was at her shop. All of my time was spent perfecting my album. It was done and we were meeting with the label in a few days. So I was hella stressed.

My eyes landed on my cousin as he made his way into the studio. Jha was really one of my best friends. Besides San, he was the main one telling me to get back into this rapping shit. Now I was blowing up and I appreciated them for pushing me to pursue it.

"What's up, cuz?" I asked, dapping him up. He looked at me and shook his head.

"I saw ya girl the other day. She's big as fuck. Is there somethin' you need to share bruh?"

"Who?"

"Kai." My eyes widened. She had reached out to me a few months ago but I deleted the thread and blocked her. The last thing I needed was for Santana's dramatic ass to say anything. She blocked that cornball Caleb, so we were even.

"You might want to pay her a visit. You know I pulled up on her. She said she's almost eight months."

This shit could not be happening right now. Nah. This was a bad dream. Kai and I had a few slip ups but she said she always had it covered. An outside baby was the last thing a nigga wanted to deal with. Santana was the only person on my mind. I couldn't even imagine her reaction to this news.

"Man what the fuck? If it's not one thing, it's another."

Jha nodded his head and started rolling up. "You had to expect her to do some shit like this tho. She disappeared too easily." My cousin shook his head. "You really fuck with birds and I don't understand. Santana seems to be the only one with some damn sense." His eyes widened before he chuckled. "She is gonna go the fuck off when she finds out. You might want to relay that message first. If she hears it from anyone but you, it's not gonna be good."

I ran my hand down my face before getting out of my seat and walking to the fridge. This bottle of Hennessy was calling my name. "It's not gonna be good regardless. Nigga, have you met Santana?"

Jha shook his head as I grabbed cups and poured up. I handed his over before I sat back down. Before I even brought the situation to San, I needed to make sure this baby was mine. But at the same time I didn't want to hide the shit from her.

Shit just couldn't be normal for once. Something always had to throw a damn curve in my plans. Letting out a deep breath, I reached for my phone and unblocked Kai.

to Kai: Yo we need to talk

She responded immediately.

Kai: You spoke to Jha, Huh? When I tried to talk to yo ass a few months ago, you blocked me. Now I don't want to talk. I'll see you in court.