Nineteen| Element

Santana

"So what do you think?" I asked my dad as we sat in his home office

"So what do you think?" I asked my dad as we sat in his home office. A small smile graced my face as I stared down at the pictures of me and my sister. "Is it a good deal?"

"It's very promising, San. I think you made the right choice. I didn't have to make many adjustments."

"Which ones did you make?" I asked nervously, chewing on my bottom lip.

"Well they want you to put out a book every six months and they want sequels. You hate sequels." I smiled because my father knew me well.

"I wouldn't say I hate them. It's just very rare that the sequel lives up to the hype, especially in romance novels. The couple goes threw so much in the original story to be and/or stay together. Now in the sequel a bunch of new drama is being thrown at them." I let out a deep sigh. "I just hate when the story is being dragged out. Now I will definitely do a spin off."

"Spin offs?" He asked while writing on the document. "What about producing work every six months."

"Well you know me. So that's definitely not happening. Maybe a new book every eight to twelve months. I need time to live my life and run my shop."

"That's exactly the time frame I wrote in here." My daddy looked over the rim of his glasses. "There will be book tours across the country if this book hits big. Which I know it will." I smiled. "Are you ready for that?" I nodded my head because I was ready. "Well that's good to hear. I know you're playing step mother these days."

"Daddy,"

"Those were your mother's words. Not mine." He shrugged. "All I know is that, I want to meet this young man. I don't have a problem with him. He helped my baby girl focus her passion and you're about to be a published writer. I have nothing but respect."

"I'm so glad you said that. I'll bring them over for Sunday dinner. Mama already said she was cooking collard greens so you know I'm on the scene."

"You need to bring them to church."

I cleared my throat. "Well he's Muslim."

My daddy sat his pen down and stared at me before nodding his head. "Okay. Well I'm looking forward to dinner."

"Don't embarrass me." I whined.

"Don't embarrass yourself. You're a grown ass woman. I can't embarrass you." I shook my head because it wasn't hard to figure out where me and my sister got our smart ass mouths from.

"Was that really necessary?"

"So you really love him? You have to. Especially since you're doing all of this for him and his baby." I furrowed my eyebrows but he cut me off before I could even open my mouth. "I'm proud of you to be honest, San. That just means that I raised you right."