Twenty| Back for More

Santana

Ariana looked around the mini mansion. She had never seen anything that looked so expensive. Everything in the spot made her want to sit on the leather sectional with her hands in her lap.
"You want something to drink?" Nick asked, walking back into the living room shirtless. She tried not to roll her eyes but it was too late. "Nah? Cool then." He shrugged his shoulders and made his way to the kitchen.
Ari got up from her spot on the couch and followed him. "This house is massive. Maybe I should become a trap queen. If you're livin' like this then I'm down."
Nick chuckled. "Nah, you don't need to live this life. You're graduating soon, right?" He asked, getting a bottle of water out of the fridge.
Ariana nodded her head. "I can't wait. I'm gonna go back to get my master's and then I can start teaching."
"That's the perfect career for you because yo ass can definitely talk for an hour straight." Her head jumped back, dramatically as Nick chuckled. "I'm just fuckin' with ya, love. Relax."
Ariana tooted up her mouth and looked around the kitchen. Everything her eyes landed on was stainless steel. She couldn't believe Nick was out here living like this. She wasn't struggling but he was living a completely different life than she remembered. When they first started dating he was barely moving weight but now he was out here living like a kingpin.

"Excuse me. Is it cool if I sit here?" My head popped up from my laptop to the person standing in front of me.

Pulling my ear bud out of my ear, I tilted my head to the side. "Huh?" He repeated the question and I nodded before looking around the semi-crowded coffee shop. "Sure."

He thanked me, sat his cup on the table and pulled some books out of his book bag. My eyes roamed his face before I tried to tear my eyes away. The last thing I wanted to look like was a creep but this man in front of me was beautiful and I felt weird thinking that about a grown ass man.

Clearing my throat, I placed my earbud back into my ear and refocused on the work in front of me.

"I'm ready to go home now." Ariana whined.
"The streets are hot right now. Just chill out."
"This is exactly why I don't date street niggas. I like to move when and how I want. Who wants to look over their shoulder?"
"Yo, shut yo ass up and relax." Her head jumped back as Nick kept typing away on his phone. She was remembering exactly why their relationship was so electric. Their attitudes. He didn't tolerate her smart ass mouth. Having a man put her in her place excited her.
"I'm not shutting up. Fuck you. I'm ready to go." She grabbed her purse and headed for the front door. Nick pinned her against it and stared down at her, breathing heavily.
"You gon stop playin' with me. Now sit yo ass down. When everything calms down I'll get you on the first thang smokin'. Aight?" Ariana slightly clutched her thighs together because this entire scene had her juices flowing. No one had ever infuriated and turned her on at the same time. It was crazy how she felt the same way about Nick after all of these years. All it took was one conversation and all of those feelings that she felt at seventeen came rushing back.

I let out a loud sigh and closed my laptop screen. It was time for a break. Picking up my phone, I scrolled through Easton's text thread. I had his messages on Do Not Disturb for the last two days. His ass wasn't even in the city but that didn't stop him from getting on my damn nerves.

Easton😻: You deadass right now ma?

Easton😻: San I'm sorry. I'm not gon say it anymore. Ima show you.

Easton😻: Stop leaving me on read.

Easton😻: Don't worry bout it. When I touch down I'm pulling up.