Smells Like Vampire Seduction

Start from the beginning

"Oh, yeah?" Damon simply said, not giving any hint as to whether it had been a show or not.

Elena decided to investigate further. "You had Rebekah drooling all over you and your marshmallows." she told him, managing to sound unimpressed.

"Yeah, before she skewered me."Damon frowned, before looking up at her thoughtfully. "I thought you were too drunk to notice."

"I was faking most of it." Elena admitted.

"So was I." Damon whispered back.

Elena's heart beat wildly as he put to rest her fears. Not that she hated Rebekah, she just didn't like Damon being around other women. For some inexplicable reason, Elena felt Damon was hers and would be hers until the day she drew her final breath, maybe even beyond considering the company she kept. Seeing him flirt with Rebekah had made her feel sick in a way she'd never experienced before. The closest to it was when Andie had been talking to Damon, and although he'd said he was steering clear of women at the time, Andie had ended up in Damon's bed. Elena decided there was no chance she was going to let that happen with Damon and Rebekah, even if he did say he was faking most of it.

"Did she hurt you?" Elena asked, her face full of worry.

"Nah, it was just a scratch." Damon rolled his eyes. "Ruined my shirt though." he complained.

"Let me look." Elena demanded as she lent down to grab his shirt.

"You don't need to worry about me, I'm fine." Damon insisted.

"Well maybe you do need someone to worry about you." Elena told him haughtily "Keep you in check so you don't do something stupid like getting yourself killed. Maybe let someone take care of you for a change." she added.

Damon gently grabbed Elena's wrists. "Elena, I've been taking care of myself for the last hundred and seventy something odd years. I'm not dead yet." he smiled.

"Be careful brother." Damon and Elena to looked to the entrance of Damon's bathroom as Stefan appeared wearing a smirk on his face. "She's trying to get into your pants." he folded his arms. "You should've seen her when you talking to Rebekah. If looks could kill, all you need to do is flirt with the enemy and she'd be the deadliest creature on the planet. You seem to bring out the jealous side of her. Even I couldn't do that as her boyfriend." he added, the knowing grin on his face was getting wider. "I do warn you brother, she might be a little bit..." Stefan looked up and down at Elena before turning to Damon. "...bland for your particular tastes, if you know what I mean." he winked.

Elena couldn't believe what she was hearing from Stefan's mouth. He was right about her feelings for Damon, but she wasn't sure if she wanted Damon to know about the way she felt about him, not yet anyway, and certainly not from no humanity Stefan. The accusation of her being bland in what she assumed he meant the bedroom, was just downright humiliating. Seeing red with anger, she jumped down from Damon's vanity unit, her intention was to punch Stefan, but she wasn't fast enough, Damon had already vamp-sped over to Stefan and hit him.

By the time Elena made it to Damon's bedroom, the brother's were fighting, and for a change Stefan was getting the upper hand. Without his humanity on and now benefiting from a superior diet of feeding from the vein, Stefan wasn't holding back from hurting Damon. Meanwhile Damon had only been feeding from blood-bags and was clearly restraining himself, meaning the fight was uneven and swaying in Stefan's favor. Elena knew she needed to wait for the right moment. Getting between two fighting vampires was extremely dangerous, however she trusted Damon to care enough to stop and Stefan not to hurt her due to his compulsion.

Moments later her chance came. Stefan hit Damon hard, causing him to go sliding across the bedroom floor and crashing into the wall next to the bathroom. Damon managed to drag himself to his feet, his face covered in blood. Stefan walked over to him as if he was stalking prey, a true hunter. Just as Stefan was about to get to Damon, Elena stood in front of the elder Salvatore.