Chapter 13 - Ember Sparks (Revised)

"P'Oon, Im hungry im gonna buy breakfast for us today anything you want?" Asked Wayo knocking on his older brother's door.

There was no answer, "I guess ill just have to buy his usual favorite... and never to forget our Pink Milk!" Yo told himself as he went ou of the door to buy breakfast.

While inside the room. Arthit was already awake... he was staring at the window,

"I wonder what is happening to Kong right now? He's been acting strange lately... He always busy and he's not with his usual friends very often, instead I always see him running around with Chiffon, Phana and Apo or was it Aim... Aim is his best friend right? but Aim is not as brave and athletic as Apo..." He gave a deep sigh...

"Honestly im feeling a bit jealous, though he still teases me like before but now he seemed to be a bit different... there something different about him now, well come to think of it Pha is acting a bit different too, and Chiffon... is something going on with them?" Another sigh came out of him.

"Arthit dont overthink, maybe they are just becoming close friends and is part of the same ASA (After School Activity) club? in college? I think im just over thinking... i better get up and prepare the table before Yo gets back, so we could have a proper breakfast."

Arthit stood up did some stretches and came out of his room. He prepared the table for him and his younger brother, and he turned on the TV to watch some news, he's been missing out on the news for a few days now.

"Headline for today several villages all over the country have been reported to have turned into ghost towns. Everyone and we mean everyone, not a single person could be found in those villages that were reported. Aside from that the forest and environment surrounding the said villages were... dead, So it is thought by the department of health that a new strain of an unknown disease is quickly spreading but there is no need to panic since they are already studying about the case."

"Well that's terrifying..." Arthit thought. while looking at his phone.

"Breaking news!" he snapped his eyes back to the TV.

"A nearby village is currently being reported to be attacked by... shadow creatures? we have a correspondent in the area Apple?" New newscaster called her. then a girl appeared on the news,

"Guys this is going crazy! Shadow monsters have suddenly appeared from nowhere! They are attacking civilians and the police are trying their best to protect the citizens but their bullets are not even working!" She said in a panicked voice.

"look over there!" she pointed at a hooded figure just standing at the middle of the street.

"There's a man over there and it looks like the smoke or whatever that is is coming from him! the shadow creatures are coming from the ground like zombies! and some smoke are covering the people! they're gone! the people are gone!" She cried, terror could be heard from her voice.

A scream could be heard from the reporter as she falls on the ground crying fear in her eyes. the camera also falls on the ground only showing the reporter crawling for her life trying to escape but the smoke enveloped her and she was gone... a few seconds after a shadow creature came out of nowhere and screamed at the camera with the same exact voice of the reported only more twisted...

Arthit's eyes were fixated on the TV. What's going on? he thought. Is there some kind of apocalypse or is it just a promotion for a movie? he felt scared, his heart racing, when he suddenly heard a voice call him.

"P!" He jumped out of the sofa he was sitting on and looked at who was calling him, it was his brother Yo.

He turned the TV off. "Yo you scared me!" Arthit panted putting his hand on his chest.