Chapter 8 - The Water Dragon (Revised)

It has been 4 days since the comet had been visible in the sky.

The darkness became stronger and stronger and is getting closer...

The swimming team has a competition today with another Uni's team.

Apo was staring at the comet marking the sky.

"Well, you're a literal extended shooting star, so i guess it wont hurt to make a wish." He thought.

He closed his eyes and made a wish, and gave a small smile.

He heard his team captain call him. "Apo! what are you doing spacing out? Get your ass here!" Wai called him.

"Alright so here is the situation. There were five events. We won two of them and lost the other two, this is our LAST CHANCE to win this thing!" He turned his eyes to Apo,

"and this is your event Apo you better win this because if not our swimming team could be disbanded." He stared at Apo's eyes,

Apo nodded, but was very nervous, His opponents are all good and the four time swimming champion for this event is also his opponent.

The whistle blew, giving them the signal to be in position and get ready.

Wai placed his hand on Apo's shoulder and gave him a nod. Apo smiled at Wai, blushing a bit.

When he got to his position, his face changed to a serious expression.

"Focus," he thought, "you can do this!" He encouraged himself.

He heard the whistle signaling the start of the Competition. They all jumped off the diving boards and swam as fast as they can.

Apo is unfortunately and currently at the last place. His teammates tried to cheer for him, but they seem to lose hope.

"Please let me win," Apo thought to himself, "I must win! You can do this Apo! i can do this! for yourself, for your team, for your Uni, for P'Wai!"

Then he heard a voice in his head, "Your determination is very impressive, do you really want to win?" Asked the voice.

"A voice? where is it coming from?" He asked himself

"Within you..." The voice asked

"Alright I think im going nuts! Im starting to hear voices inside my head!" Apo still tried to focus and swim as fast as he can.

"Answer me boy do, you want to win?" The voice asked again

"Isnt it obvious?! Im doing my best here!" Apo answered the voice,

"Answer!" The voice sounded a little pissed.

"YES!" he answered,

"Granted." Apo's eyes turned icy-blue then he changed his swimming style and dived underwater, his speed rapidly increased, and he felt like he didnt need to go above water to breathe, as if he could breath underwater just fine.

He reached the end of the swimming pool his opponents were already halfway through it and the champion was already a quarter in distance before the finish line.

Apo placed his feet on the pool wall and kicked to help him accelerate, but without his consciousness his hand touched the finish line a few seconds before the champion did.

They couldn't believe it, Apo won! His team was in shock, but they suddenly cheered at his victory! they grabbed him up from the pool and raised him on their shoulders. They were cheering for him,