Serotonin

Taehyung had decided to 'make Jungkook work' while he and Namjoon would do their research on Jimin.

"You'll already do the meet-cute," the crimson had stated when they had met for lunch.

"What's a meet-cute?" Jungkook had asked rather dumbly and had stuffed the Jjajangmyeon into his mouth. He had been late for lunch and could not attempt to be late for the next lecture. Their nervous system professor was known for reducing points at the next test for being late.

"The first interaction of the future couple," Namjoon had stated emotionless and had left Jungkook gaping. The Psycho Kim Duo had already determined his future.

Unbothered by his frown, that might have been difficult to detect with cheeks stuffed with noodles but still had to be obvious enough, Taehyung had continued to draw out the plan. "We just need to decide whether we use an active or a passive approach," the redhead had stated like he was following a manual, and Jungkook had felt more and more like this had been planned for way longer than the Psycho Duo would admit.

"How much interaction did you and Jimin have until now?" Namjoon had asked calmly while Taehyung had seemed deep in thought with fingers tapping his chin.

"None," Jungkook had mumbled over another mouthful of food. His contact with the beauty had been limited to looks from across the basketball field because he had been too shy for more. He might be a competitive asshole when it came to sports, but he was a scared bunny when it came to talking to strangers, and attractive strangers at that. Admitting this to himself had been hard.

"Then definitely passive," Namjoon had said, turning towards his crimson friend, who had snapped out of his seemingly deep but most likely peculiarly silly thoughts. You never knew when it came to Kim Taehyung. He could be either thinking about difficult equations regarding artificial intelligence or whether fish could see water when humans could not see air. The redhead's mind seemed to rate both with the same importance index.

But back then it apparently had been a clever thought. "We'll do it at the basketball court," the younger psychology student had stated and had looked very pleased with the idea he would not elaborate further.

So, now he was at the basketball field with the familiar crew of players and was waiting for something to happen. The only information he had received had been to help Jimin if necessary, and it had not sounded like he would like what was about to come.

Jimin was sitting on the stairs next to the field and was scribbling into his sketch book while his small hand occasionally reached down to his coffee. His forehead was wrinkled in concentration under the messy golden fringe whenever he looked at his sketch, and the intense stares he gave the players was making Jungkook's skin itch. He missed more than one chance to make a point because he was too distracted by the small blonde.

"Kook!" Yoongi, one of the non-sport-student basketballers, called out for him, and in the next moment the ball came flying towards him. But though the small black-haired was one of the best players Jungkook had ever been playing with, the ball missed him by several meters and flew with a force that was unnecessary for such a short pass.

Though, when he heard the pained moan and the clatter behind him, he understood what had happened and turned around in shock. The coffee Jimin had been about no sip on was now staining the white t-shirt and the small hands were clutching the right side of his beautiful face in pain. Jungkook was at the blonde's side before he even knew what he was doing.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly and tried to pull away Jimin's hands to see if he was hurt severely. Slowly, the older allowed him to tug away his hand and Jungkook hissed at the sight. A small cut was gaping at the blonde's cheekbone, probably from the sharp plastic coffee lid and the eyebrow was already bruising under the red smutch the hard ball had left.