s i x

dan woke up on the couch alone, suddenly remembering all the events that had happened earlier.

he wanted to find phil and apologize.

he walked through the house and heard his voice in his room.

"hey pj," phil said, the phone to his ear. dan decided to listen in on the conversation. he knew this was wrong, but he couldn'd help himself

"i'm sorry, but for a few days i really just need to spend some time with dan."

dan smiled at that. this is why he loved phil.

"he's just really upset and i need to be there for him."

"why in hell would i be hooking up with dan? he's my best friend you moron."

dan's smile faded. he hated those words. best friends, but there was nothing he would do about it.

"yeah well i gotta go, i'll talk to you later, love you, bye."

dan ran back to the lounge, trying not to start crying again at him telling pj 'i love you.' he always told pj that, but as friends, now it was different. he actually loved him.

his thoughts were interrupted as phil walked in the room, "hey sleepyhead," he said in his soft voice, "how are you doing?" dan shrugged, all he wanted was for phil to be here with him. phil must've read his mind as he took a seat on the sofa next to him. "what do you want to do?" phil asked, but they each knew the answer.

they spent basically all day and all night watching anime, sat on the couch, sitting close, but not as close as dan would've liked. he wanted to lean his head on phil's shoulder again, phil's arm wrapped around him, protecting him from the darkness. he wanted to fall asleep and awake with phil's arms still around him, but that wouldn't happen.

instead of dan watching the glossing tv in front of him, he began to stare at phil and his beautiful features. phil was so perfect, but he didn't think he was, and that made dan sad because he's the most perfect person dan has ever met.

as he watched phil, his eyes started to droop. he could see the purple bags under his bright blue eyes, but the brightness from his eyes have seemed to fade from how tired he was. his eyes closed for a moment, but then snapped back open. this happened a few more times.

phil finally fell asleep, his body falling over onto dan. dan could feel a smile creep up onto his face and it was now his turn to wrap his arms around phil and protect him from the messy darkness that always threatened to break everything.

dan started to play with phil's messy hair, twirling his fingers around and petting him, until he started to also feel tired. he rested his head against phil's and smiled. this was nice. he wish it could always be like this. before his messy mind could think of how that could never be, he fell asleep with phil and dreamed of things always being like this, as he always would.

phil woke up first and saw what dan had done, being all cute and such. phil thought this was amazing, but then he remembered.

he had a boyfriend.

and his boyfriend wasn't dan.