f i f t e e n

the pair finished their now old drinks and walked out of the shop, cool air hitting them in the face, their cheeks starting to turn pink from it.

they walked home in silence, listening to the occasional bird tweet or the leaves attached to the trees rustle in the morning wind.

dan again watched as phil's arms swung as he walked, but this time phil didn't notice the staring, he had his eyes fixed on the cloudy sky above.

"dan," phil said, startling the boy, "do you want to go to the park or something, it's just nice out and-" phil rambled on, dan cutting him off by nodding his head.

they walked on for a bit before finally reaching the park. it was like a burst of color in the seemingly grey town, with green being splashed here. overgrown trees filled the area along with grass to carpet the ground, even a few flowers were growing, making the beautiful little area even more colorful.

phil laid down in the grass, motioning dan to lay down with him. the grass was soft, but bits of it still poked the pair. they ignored this and focused their attention on the beautiful sky.

the sky that matched phil's eyes.

dan watched as phil's blue eyes lit up to match the sky, joy passing through him as seen with his smile, he pretty pink lips pulled upward. 

phil looked over at dan, their gaze meeting. dan looked away, embarrassed, but phil grabbed him arm and let him rest his head on his chest.

dan could hear phil's heartbeat as he lay there, a steady tempo as phil brushed his hands through dan's curly hair, as he always would do when they lay like this.

it was quite relaxing, dan could feel he could fall asleep, but he didn't want to. we wanted to stay awake and be with phil because honestly, reality was going pretty good currently.

the pair stayed like that for awhile, phil's sight set on the sky and dan content with his eyes closed as phil played with his hair.

it was weird, dan hated having his hair touched, except for phil. it felt amazing, his pale fingers running through dan's mess of a hair, it felt nice.

phil sat up, causing dan to sit up with him. "how about we go back home," phil said, standing up and brushing grass off of his clothes, "it'll be more comfortable," he added, seeing a bit of sadness in dan's eyes as he didn't want to leave. dan smiled at the last part phil said, nodding his head, "okay," he mumbled out, his voice sweet and soft, perhaps like cotton candy.

they arrived home and walked into the lounge, phil turning on an anime to watch as dan got comfortable on the couch. phil walked back over to dan, sitting next to him. dan leaned his head on phil's shoulder and phil could feel his smile grow bigger.