s e v e n

all dan wanted was to wake up with a sleeping phil next to him.

and it finally happened.

his hazel brown eyes slowly opened in the morning, the sun shining in through the window. he glanced at the boy next to him, his blue eyes still closed as he was still dreaming. dan smiled at the sleeping beauty, for once, things were going okay.

he knew they wouldn't stay that way for long, but he wanted to enjoy it for as long as he could.

he stayed still, his arms still wrapped around the raven-haired boy as he slept, playing with his messy hair.

phil's ocean eyes finally opened and he cuddled closer to dan, "good morning," he said in a low, raspy voice. "good morning," dan replied, "how did you sleep?" phil rubbed his eyes, removing the tiredness from them, "good, you?" dan smiled again, "the best i've ever slept in a long time." phil smiled back at him, "do you want to get breakfast?" phil started to get up, but dan held onto him, "but i don't wanna get up," he whined like a child not wanting to get out of bed in the morning. phil couldn't resist and melted back into dan's arms.

they stayed like that for awhile, just enjoying each others presence, until they heard a phone ring. it was phil's phone.

he got up to answer it and walked into the other room. pj was calling.

"hey babe," pj said as phil answered the call, "how are you?"

"i'm good," phil replied, not interested in having a conversation right now, but didn't want to be rude, "i just woke up, how about you?"

"i'm good too," pj said, "and how could you have just woken up, it's almost noon."

"i was tired!" phil blurted out. "wow don't need so defensive, you're lucky you're cute."

phil didn't know how to respond. a silence fell over them.

"anyway," pj said, breaking the silence, "i was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner later, you know, like on a date."

phil thought about it for a moment, he didn't want to disappoint pj, but he said that he'd stay with dan, "i'll have to think about," phil finally said, "i'll call you back later, bye."

"bye!" pj said, "i love you!"

phil hung up. he didn't have the heart to say it back.

he walked into the kitchen where dan was eating a bowl of cereal, "who was that?" he asked, shoving a spoonful of the colorful cereal into his mouth. "it was pj," phil replied, pouring himself a glass of water, "he was wondering if i wanted to go on a date with him tonight."

"oh," dan said, "are you gonna go with him?"

"i don't know," phil said, "i'll have to think about it, i don't really feel like going, but i don't want to hurt his feelings."

"if he's a good boyfriend he'll understand you not wanting to go out with him tonight," dan suddenly said, "you can't let him just use you."

"yeah, you're right," phil replied, "actually, i'll go call him back right now."

pj immediately picked up the phone, "wow you make your mind up fast. what time do you want me to pick you up?"

"actually pj, i don't really feel like going out tonight, maybe some other time?" phil said.

"oh," pj replied, "okay, well i guess i'll talk to you later, i love ya, bye."

"bye," phil said before hanging up the phone.

"so," phil said to dan, "my night is open, i think we should spend our lives playing mario kart instead of doing anything productive." dan smiled, "i couldn't agree more."